After Eight Hours of Homework I Am Lost And Need Help

In summary, the conversation is about two problems involving converting between rectangular and polar coordinates. The speaker is struggling to solve the problems and asks for help, but is reminded to use the basic equations for conversion. The speaker has tried using the magnitude of vector formula but is still unsure.
CSpenceTTU
know there two problems are very easy, but for some reason I just cannot figure them out. Here are the two questions that I have. Does anybody know what the answers are to them?

If A = (25 m) x + (-12 m) y, and B = (2.0 m) x + (17 m) y, find the direction and magnitude of each of the following vectors.
(a) A
----?----° (counterclockwise from the +x-axis)
----?---- m
(b) B
----?---- m
(c) A + B
----?---- m

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What are the basic equations for convertion between rectangular and polar coordinates? Use those to solve these two problems.

i really have no idea where to start, what I am looking for for a final answer..my mind is gone at this moment

You don't get final answers to homework questions here in the PF, Spence. You get hints and help, but you need to do most of the work. I'll say it one more time, look at the basic equations for converting between rectangular and polar coordinates. That's what you need to do. It doesn't take hours to learn that conversion...maybe 30 minutes tops.

have tried the magnitude of vector formula..still lost

1. Why is it important to seek help after eight hours of homework?

Seeking help after eight hours of homework is important because it shows that you have put in a significant amount of effort and time into your work, and you are dedicated to understanding the material. It also indicates that you are aware of your limitations and are willing to reach out for assistance when needed.

2. How can seeking help after eight hours of homework benefit me?

Seeking help after eight hours of homework can benefit you in many ways. First, it can help you better understand the material and improve your overall grades. It can also reduce stress and prevent burnout, allowing you to maintain a healthy balance between school and other aspects of your life. Additionally, seeking help can improve your problem-solving skills and boost your confidence in tackling challenging tasks.

3. What are some resources for getting help after eight hours of homework?

There are many resources available for getting help after eight hours of homework. You can reach out to your teachers, classmates, or tutors for one-on-one assistance. Many schools also offer after-school study groups or tutoring programs. Online resources such as educational websites, forums, and virtual study groups can also be helpful.

4. Is it normal to feel lost and overwhelmed after eight hours of homework?

Feeling lost and overwhelmed after eight hours of homework is a common experience for many students. It is a sign that you have been working hard and pushing yourself to understand the material. However, it is essential to seek help when you feel this way to prevent negative impacts on your mental and emotional well-being.

5. How can I prevent feeling lost and overwhelmed after eight hours of homework in the future?

To prevent feeling lost and overwhelmed after eight hours of homework in the future, it is crucial to establish a consistent study routine and break up your workload into manageable chunks. It is also essential to take breaks, stay organized, and seek help when needed. Additionally, practicing good time management and prioritizing tasks can help prevent feeling overwhelmed in the future.