Calculating Zobia's Loan Debt with Interest in 2006

• Thread starter kingksa
  • Start date
In summary, if Zobia makes no repayments during the following year, she will owe 1210 £ on 31 December 2006.2) In summary, if Zobia sets up a direct debit to pay 60 £ at the end of each month in 2006, she will owe 740 £ on 31 December 2006.
kingksa
On 31 December 2005, Zobia owed 1000 £ on a loan. Interest is added to the debt at the rate of 1.1% at the end of each month.

1-If Zobia makes no repayments during the following year, how much will she owe on
31 December 2006 ( to the nearest £)?

2-Zobia sets up a direct debit to pay the loan company 60 £ at the end of each month in 2006. How much will she owe on 31 December 2006 ( to the nearest £) ?

Physics news on Phys.org
1)
12 months in one year.
so t = 12

1000*1.1^(t) = total amount that she would have paid (but didn't).

set 12 for t and the answer must be to the nearest pound.

If this is unclear you can always check what happens in the next months. If you do 1.1*1000 you get 1100. Now Zobia owes 1100 so in two months she will owe 1100*1.1 = 1210

So if she doesn't pay for two months the interest is 1210 - 1000 = 210!

What is the meaning of "Please help me answer question"?

The phrase "Please help me answer question" is a request for assistance in finding an answer to a specific question. It could indicate that the person is struggling to find the answer on their own and is seeking guidance.

Why would someone ask for help in answering a question?

People may ask for help in answering a question for a variety of reasons. They may not have enough knowledge or expertise in the subject matter, they may be pressed for time, or they may simply want a second opinion to ensure the accuracy of their answer.

How can I effectively help someone answer a question?

To effectively help someone answer a question, it is important to listen carefully to the question and understand the context. Ask clarifying questions, provide relevant information and resources, and offer guidance and support without giving away the answer. Encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving skills can also be helpful.

What if I am unable to answer the question someone is asking for help with?

If you are unable to answer the question, it is important to be honest and communicate this to the person. You can offer to help them research or find someone else who may be able to assist. It is also important to be respectful and not dismissive of their question.

How can I encourage someone to ask for help in answering a question?

To encourage someone to ask for help in answering a question, create a supportive and non-judgmental environment. Let them know that it is okay to ask for help and that it is a sign of strength and determination to find the answer. Offer your assistance and make yourself available for any questions they may have.