What has changed in physics since the beginning of PF?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, since PF started, the biggest change in our understanding of physics has been the discovery that the Universe is not only expanding, but also accelerating. Other major changes include the reclassification of Pluto as a non-planet and the continued discussion of the solar neutrino problem. PF was founded in Spring of 2001, but the concept of the Universe's acceleration was being informally discussed before then.
tribdog
When I first started posting on PF the big question in physics was whether the Universe would expand forever, or if gravity would eventually win and cause a big crush. Since then we've learned that not only is the Universe expanding, it is accelerating. This is the biggest change in what we know about physics that I can think of. What other major changes has there been since PF started?

Physics news on Phys.org
I guess Pluto becoming a non planet is up there too.

tribdog said:
When I first started posting on PF the big question in physics was whether the Universe would expand forever, or if gravity would eventually win and cause a big crush. Since then we've learned that not only is the Universe expanding, it is accelerating.

Was PF around pre-1998?

That's what I was about to post. I first heard about the acceleration in "official" terms in March of 1999, and it was being discussed informally at least a year before that.

I hadn't heard about it until about 2003 and that's what's important

Greg Bernhardt said:
We started Spring of 2001

So you were probably still worrying about the solar neutrino problem ?

What are the most significant changes that have occurred since PF started?

The most significant changes that have occurred since PF started include the expansion of the platform to include a wider range of industries and job categories, the implementation of new features such as virtual career fairs and job matching algorithms, and the growth of the user base to millions of professionals worldwide.

How has PF adapted to the changing job market?

PF has adapted to the changing job market by continuously updating its algorithms and features to better match job seekers with relevant opportunities, as well as adding new resources and tools for job seekers to improve their skills and stand out in a competitive job market.

What impact has PF had on the job search process?

PF has had a significant impact on the job search process by providing a more streamlined and efficient way for job seekers to find and apply for job opportunities. It has also made it easier for employers to connect with qualified candidates and has helped to reduce the time and resources needed for the hiring process.

How has PF helped to improve diversity and inclusion in the workplace?

PF has helped to improve diversity and inclusion in the workplace by providing a platform for employers to reach a diverse pool of job seekers and by promoting diversity and inclusion through its job matching algorithms and resources for job seekers.

What plans does PF have for future changes and updates?

PF is constantly looking for ways to improve and enhance its platform and services. Some future plans include expanding into new international markets, developing new features to improve the job search process, and partnering with more companies to provide job seekers with a wider range of job opportunities.