Uploading of pdf pages of an ebook

• Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pdf
In summary, you can't edit PDF files online using standard image hosts. If you want to be able to edit PDF files online, you'll need to find a hosting system with a built in PDF editor.
PainterGuy
hey everyone,

i have an ebook in pdf form and wanted some help with some of the portions there. online hosting services like flickr and imageshack don't allow uploading of pdf pages. while reading the book i can annotate, highlight etc. the only option I'm left with is to convert pdf pages to image files and then upload them and provide direct link then. but this way i won't be able to edit anything once the conversion is done. is there some service you know of which allow uploading of pdf pages? any ideas, please.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean, but you could potentially use GoogleDocs.

Editing of PDF files online is restricted and not possible via standard image hosts.

You need to find a hosting system that has a built in PDF editor.

As above, I believe Google Docs has one.

KrisOhn said:
I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean, but you could potentially use GoogleDocs.

this usually happens when you are reading something written by a non native English speaker.:smile: thanx

jarednjames said:
Editing of PDF files online is restricted and not possible via standard image hosts.

You need to find a hosting system that has a built in PDF editor.

As above, I believe Google Docs has one.

thanx, jarednjames. the problem with google docs is you can't edit the pdf file as you can do ms word file. otherwise it's very cool service and helps great deal. i was checking out a below pdf file. if u follow a link u could see its not possible to edit. any ideas to solve this big issue with pdf editing in google doc.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...gxMjAtZDFiNzFkNDAyNzhh&hl=en&authkey=CM7C2KIG

peace.

I would recommend using an online document sharing platform such as Google Drive or Dropbox. These services allow you to upload and share PDF files without converting them to image files. You can also collaborate with others and make edits to the PDF in real-time. Additionally, there are online tools that allow you to annotate and highlight PDF files without needing to convert them. I would suggest exploring these options before converting your PDF to an image file.

1. Why is it important to upload pdf pages of an ebook?

Uploading pdf pages of an ebook allows for easy distribution and access to the content. It also ensures that the formatting and layout of the ebook remains intact.

2. How do I upload pdf pages of an ebook?

There are various ways to upload pdf pages of an ebook, depending on the platform or website you are using. Generally, you can upload the pdf file through a file upload feature or by using a drag and drop option.

3. Can I upload multiple pdf pages at once?

Yes, most platforms and websites allow for the uploading of multiple pdf pages at once. This can save time and make the process more efficient.

4. Do I need to convert my ebook to pdf format before uploading?

Yes, in most cases, ebooks need to be converted to pdf format before uploading. However, some platforms may accept other file formats such as EPUB or MOBI.

5. Are there any size limitations for uploading pdf pages of an ebook?

Yes, there may be size limitations for uploading pdf pages of an ebook, depending on the platform or website. It is best to check the guidelines or contact the platform's support team for more information.