Intelligent motor e-bike

by Rolandky
Tags: bicycle, electric, pedal force, rotational, starting torque
Rolandky
Sep18-13, 08:38 AM
P: 3
hi, i am doing an electric bicycle project. The basic improvement required would be the asist of the motor using arduino to solve for the high starting torque of the bicycle. And i don't know where should i start??? Is there any comments?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
New ultrasound device may add in detecting risk for heart attack, stroke
Enhanced ground control system and software for small unmanned aircraft
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
Baluncore
Sep19-13, 02:30 AM
Thanks
P: 1,311
The torque on the shaft of a DC motor is directly proportional to the current. It is probable that the lack of torque is due to the motor current being limited by the resistance of the motor. The battery voltage is probably appropriate for running speed, but not for starting.

A motor has a current rating and it's shaft is made strong enough to handle the resulting torque. If the starting current flowing is not the maximum rating then you might consider the following. If you could momentarily connect two batteries in series, you could get twice the voltage, so twice the starting current and twice the starting torque. Once moving, switch the batteries back into parallel.

It might be wise at this stage to familiarise yourself with switching motor controllers such as the H-bridge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_bridge
a_asi
Sep19-13, 02:36 AM
P: 1
I would imagine what the motor is ment to be then design it on paper

Register to reply