Total Carbon Dioxide emissions for 2013

In summary, data from 2009-2011 shows that the total carbon emissions for that year were around 34.5 tones, while 2012 saw a jump to around 34.5 tones, but the final figure for 2013 is still unknown. There are many sources of information on carbon dioxide emissions, but the most reliable source seems to be Wikipedia.
miniradman
Hello there

I've been searching the internet for any information about the total carbon emissions for this year (tonnes/year). However, I've only come across data which is most recently been gather a few years ago (2009 - 2011). However, I'm really curious to what the total emissions are between 2012 and 2013 considering the ppm jump from the last years data. Does anyone know where I can find such data? If so, could you direct me to the appropriate site or report?

Thanks

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
miniradman said:
Hello there

I've been searching the internet for any information about the total carbon emissions for this year (tonnes/year). However, I've only come across data which is most recently been gather a few years ago (2009 - 2011). However, I'm really curious to what the total emissions are between 2012 and 2013 considering the ppm jump from the last years data. Does anyone know where I can find such data? If so, could you direct me to the appropriate site or report?

Thanks

Perhaps you can calculate it.
What were the ppm and tons emitted in 2009, 2010, & 2011?
And what were the ppm at the end of 2012?

A quick scan through wiki[/PLAIN] [Broken] indicates that there are lots of sources of CO2.
Are you looking just for man made sources?

But then again, you could just google: tons of CO2 2012

I get lots of links with the answer. Though the answers vary a bit, depending on which article you read.

Last edited by a moderator:
For 2012 it was about 34.5 tones.

Random8412 said:
For 2012 it was about 34.5 tones.

I saw an estimate this morning of merely 31.2 megatons.

Amazing the amount of carbon products we burn.

OmCheeto said:
I saw an estimate this morning of merely 31.2 megatons.

Amazing the amount of carbon products we burn.

That's only about 4.3kg/person for the whole earth. Unfortunately the real figure would be 31,2 gigatons

willem2 said:
That's only about 4.3kg/person for the whole earth. Unfortunately the real figure would be 31,2 gigatons

Would you believe, that after waking up this morning, lying in bed, I said to myself; "I bet I typed 'mega'ton last night".

This is the second time in 5 years. :redface:

Thank you. :smile:

1. What is the total amount of carbon dioxide emissions for 2013?

The total carbon dioxide emissions for 2013 were approximately 36.8 billion metric tons.

2. How does 2013's total carbon dioxide emissions compare to previous years?

In comparison to previous years, 2013's total carbon dioxide emissions were the highest on record.

3. Which countries contributed the most to the total carbon dioxide emissions in 2013?

The top contributors to the total carbon dioxide emissions in 2013 were China, the United States, and India.

4. What are the main sources of carbon dioxide emissions in 2013?

The main sources of carbon dioxide emissions in 2013 were from the burning of fossil fuels for energy, transportation, and industrial processes.

5. How do total carbon dioxide emissions in 2013 impact climate change?

The high levels of carbon dioxide emissions in 2013 contribute to the greenhouse effect, trapping heat in the Earth's atmosphere and leading to global warming and climate change.