Good links to physics demonstrations

In summary, the conversation is about finding links to physics demonstrations for the first part of classical physics, specifically mechanics. The first link provided is "Video Physics" which is a great resource for learning. However, the user asks for more links, as repetitive learning is helpful. Another link is provided, but it does not work for those outside of the US and Canada due to licensing restrictions. The user then mentions a university website which has a variety of organized demonstrations with accompanying theory descriptions.
skizm240
Does anyone have some links to some great physics demonstrations on the first part of classical physics. ( Mechanics)

Thank you

I am trying get a better understanding of the subject.

Physics news on Phys.org
Check my signature. Click on "Video Physics"

thanks this is a great link,

Any other ones? The more the merry as repeative learning help me a lot.

ranger said:
Check my signature. Click on "Video Physics"

Umm, that link don't provide videos for ppl connecting from outside US and Canada.

I get the same message: :frown:
Due to licensing agreements, viewing of the video The Mechanical Universe…and Beyond - <title> is restricted to network connections in the United States and Canada. Your connection appears to be based outside this area. If that is not the case, send a message to broadband@learner.org. Please include your machine's IP number or the external (internet side) IP number of your proxy server, if you are using one.

My university has a pretty good site, and its all organized by category and has descriptions on the theory behind it.

http://ap.smu.ca/demos/

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are some good resources for finding physics demonstrations?

There are many great resources for finding physics demonstrations, including websites such as PhysicsCentral, The Physics Classroom, and PhysicsWorld. You can also search for specific topics on YouTube or browse through science education books and journals.

2. How do I know if a physics demonstration is appropriate for my audience?

It's important to consider the age, background knowledge, and interests of your audience when selecting a physics demonstration. Make sure the material is age-appropriate, engaging, and relevant to their level of understanding.

3. Are there any safety precautions I should take when performing physics demonstrations?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority when conducting physics demonstrations. Make sure to read and follow all safety instructions for each demonstration, wear appropriate protective gear, and supervise any children or inexperienced individuals.

4. How can I make physics demonstrations more interactive and engaging?

There are many ways to make physics demonstrations more interactive and engaging, such as having audience members participate in the demonstration, asking thought-provoking questions, and incorporating real-life applications of the concept being demonstrated.

5. Can I modify or adapt physics demonstrations for my own purposes?

Yes, you can modify or adapt physics demonstrations to suit your specific needs or audience. Just make sure to thoroughly understand the concepts and safety precautions involved before making any changes.