How many days are there between nov 10 and dec 2?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about the discrepancy between the number of days reported by Microsoft and the actual days counted by the speakers. They also discussed the difference between the Julian and Gregorian calendars and how it affected historical dates and holidays. There was some confusion and humor around the issue, but ultimately the group was left perplexed by the discrepancy.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
According to Microsoft there are 30.. I just count 23 :uhh:

..I don't need their software anyway :grumpy: :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
My copy of Excel tells me 22 days and so do my fingers. :)

That leaves me totally perplexed.

If Microsoft said there were 17 days between Sep 28 and Oct 25, I might understand it or if Microsoft said there were 17 days between Aug 28 and Sep 25, I might understand it. In both cases, you just set your calendar to the wrong year.

I can't think of any year that extra days were added into the calendar.

Edit: And, according to my fingers, it's been 92,488 days since the last time days were removed from the calendar.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Tide said:
My copy of Excel tells me 22 days and so do my fingers. :)
Well, there are 21 days BETWEEN them, it's 23 if you include both Nov 10 and Dec 2 in your count, and 22 if you start from Nov 10 as 0 and count Nov 11 as 1, then end with Dec 2 as 22. :biggrin:

Well, it seems like Microsoft's calendar is as good as their spell-checker that I've caught misspelling things. :rofl:

BobG said:
If Microsoft said there were 17 days between Sep 28 and Oct 25, I might understand it or if Microsoft said there were 17 days between Aug 28 and Sep 25, I might understand it. In both cases, you just set your calendar to the wrong year.

Is this an inside joke or something? There are 27 days between Sept. 28 and Oct. 25 - that's nowhere close to 17. With August/September, it's 28 days difference.

rachmaninoff said:
Is this an inside joke or something? There are 27 days between Sept. 28 and Oct. 25 - that's nowhere close to 17. With August/September, it's 28 days difference.
I think he has been drinking today.

Moonbear said:
Well, there are 21 days BETWEEN them, it's 23 if you include both Nov 10 and Dec 2 in your count, and 22 if you start from Nov 10 as 0 and count Nov 11 as 1, then end with Dec 2 as 22. :biggrin:
Well, it seems like Microsoft's calendar is as good as their spell-checker that I've caught misspelling things. :rofl:

The standard Excel function gives the "difference" between the dates and this is what most people would be interested in and, even though the OP said "days between," she probably meant difference as in "number of days until such and such."

I think Monique should elaborate on the problem - i.e. when, where and how does it arise.

Yeah, I should have said including those days. The problem was that I activated my Office Test-drive on Nov 10, the test drive is for 30 days, the day before I still had 8 days of test drive left, the next day it expired :confused:

Not a big problem, it's just really weird :rolleyes:

rachmaninoff said:
Depends where you live. In Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Poland, Oct 4 1582 was followed by Oct 15, 1582. In Great Britain (and the American British Colonies), Sep 2, 1752 was followed by Sep 14, 1752.

The original Julian calendar slightly miscalculated leap years by inserting them every four years. The current Gregorian calendar skips leap years in every year ending in '00 unless the first two digits of the year are divisible by four. In other words, the year 2000 was a leap year. The year 2100 won't be. The year 1600 was a leap year, but the year 1700 shouldn't have been.

It took a while before the first day of Spring, etc, drifted far enough away from it's traditional date that people felt they had to fix it - hence having to suddenly subtract so many days out of the calendar.

The fix to the calendar also moved New Year's Day from Mar 21 to Jan 1.

In fact, back when Lincoln and Washington each had their own holidays, it was fun to ask people what the date was on the day when Washington was born (it was Feb 11, 1731 - not Feb 22, 1732 -- the colonies still used the Julian calendar when Washington was born). Now, with the Lincoln and Washington holidays merged into one Monday holiday that doesn't correspond to either's birthday, you ask someone what the date was on the day Washington was born and they just respond, "How the heck should I know!"

1. How many days are there between Nov 10 and Dec 2?

There are 22 days between Nov 10 and Dec 2, including both the start and end dates.

2. Is Nov 10 included in the count of days between Nov 10 and Dec 2?

Yes, Nov 10 is included in the count of days between Nov 10 and Dec 2.

3. Is Dec 2 included in the count of days between Nov 10 and Dec 2?

Yes, Dec 2 is included in the count of days between Nov 10 and Dec 2.

4. How can I calculate the number of days between two dates?

You can calculate the number of days between two dates by subtracting the start date from the end date. Make sure to include both the start and end dates in the count.

5. Is there a faster way to calculate the number of days between two dates?

Yes, you can use a date calculator or an online tool to quickly calculate the number of days between two dates.