Where to buy buckyballs?

• Thread starter Leopold Infeld
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about where to buy buckyballs in macro quantities for display purposes. The speaker suggests purchasing them from Aldrich, a chemical supplier, but warns that they are expensive at around $250/gram. They also mention that Aldrich can be found on the internet.
Leopold Infeld
Where to buy buckyballs?

Does anyone know where i can buy macro quantities of buckyballs? Or carbon nano tubes and all the other exotic materials out there. Just for displaying purposes, i don't mean to use them. And furthermore, does anyone have a pic or a link that show buckyballs macroscopically? All the fotos i searched for turned out just the computer models.

Thanx

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't think that they are much to look at, they pretty much look like graphite. You can buy them from Aldrich though. Bring your wallet, they cost around $250/gram. You can get 25 mg for about $20, however.

Ok. What is Aldrich?? Can I get them from the internet? thanx

1. Where can I purchase buckyballs?

Buckyballs can be purchased from various online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, and specialty science stores. They can also be found in some physical stores, such as toy stores or science museums.

2. Are buckyballs safe to buy?

Yes, buckyballs are safe to purchase. They are made from non-toxic materials and are not a health hazard. However, they should not be ingested and should be kept away from young children.

3. How much do buckyballs cost?

The cost of buckyballs can vary depending on where you purchase them from. On average, a pack of 216 buckyballs can range from $10 to $20. Some retailers may also offer bulk discounts for larger quantities.

4. Can I buy buckyballs in different colors?

Yes, buckyballs are available in a variety of colors. Some retailers may offer a set with multiple colors, while others may allow you to choose which color you would like to purchase.

5. Are there any restrictions on where I can buy buckyballs?

In some countries, buckyballs have been banned or restricted due to potential health hazards. It is important to check your local laws and regulations before purchasing buckyballs. In the United States, buckyballs have been banned by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and cannot be sold or distributed. However, they can still be purchased from international retailers.