Information needed on this physics thesis

In summary, a physics thesis serves the purpose of either presenting a new theory or conducting a thorough analysis of an existing theory in the field of physics. It typically includes a background on the topic, literature review, research methodology, data presentation and analysis, and a conclusion or discussion section. The information is organized in a logical and sequential manner following specific formatting and style guidelines. It is crucial to include accurate and reliable information in a physics thesis to maintain the credibility and validity of the research.
Ukitake Jyuushirou
i was replaying this FPS game and the game's main protoganist is a physicist who did his phd thesis on "Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array"

anyone knows what does this mean in plain simple english? or is it just gibberish? i know that EPR would have to do with teleportation i guess

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ukitake Jyuushirou said:
i was replaying this FPS game and the game's main protoganist is a physicist who did his phd thesis on "Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures by Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array"

anyone knows what does this mean in plain simple english? or is it just gibberish? i know that EPR would have to do with teleportation i guess

It surely looks like gibberish. In fact, there's a simple technique to write impressive scientifically sounding gibberish: select randomly existing concepts from different fields (as nouns, adjectives, adverbs ...), and compound a syntactically correct phrase with them.

EPR entanglement exists as a concept. Mainly used in quantum optics.
What supraquantum structures are, I don't know, but the supra is sometimes used in quantum-mechanical phenomena (supraconductivity...)
induction is somewhat boring, comes from classical electromagnetism
non-linear is a property of mathematical systems, in vogue since the observation of chaotic behaviour and so on
transuranic: artificially produced elements in nuclear physics, like plutonium...
extremely long wavelength is used in plasma physics of the atmosphere ; it comes down to very low frequency radiowaves (needing spatially very extended sources)
Mode-locking is a technique in pulsed lasers
Array: well, used sometimes in array antennas or something

But the entire sentence, using these definitions, is entire gibberish.

it sure does look impressive to me :D

wiki says it means "how to teleport large objects by shooting radio pulses through crystals of very heavy elements"

i was wondering if it is correct? can those who are well versed in physics confirm or deny?

Ukitake Jyuushirou said:
wiki says it means "how to teleport large objects by shooting radio pulses through crystals of very heavy elements"

Que ?? :bugeye:

still sounds like nonsense. or actually is nonsense.

EPR entanglement is used to transfer the properties of one photon to another, in a sense "teleporting" it, but like the others say its just a load of things they've strung together to make this character appear as some sort of super physicist. The teleportationof objects is a fantasy as Entanglement merely transfers the properties of one photon to another existing photon. I think this was done in Austria at the university of Vienna if you'd like to chase it up.

1. What is the purpose of this physics thesis?

The purpose of this physics thesis is to investigate and present a new theory or discovery in the field of physics, or to conduct a thorough analysis and evaluation of an existing theory or phenomenon.

2. What type of information is typically included in a physics thesis?

A physics thesis typically includes a background on the chosen topic, a review of relevant literature, a description of the research methodology, presentation and analysis of data, and a conclusion or discussion of findings.

3. How is the information in a physics thesis organized?

The information in a physics thesis is typically organized in a logical and sequential manner, starting with an introduction and background, followed by a literature review, research methodology, results and analysis, and a conclusion or discussion section.

4. Is there a specific format or style that should be followed for a physics thesis?

Yes, there are specific formatting and style guidelines that should be followed for a physics thesis, as outlined by the institution or academic program. This may include specific formatting for citations, references, figures, and tables.

5. How important is it to include accurate and reliable information in a physics thesis?

It is extremely important to include accurate and reliable information in a physics thesis, as the purpose of a thesis is to contribute to the body of knowledge in the field of physics. Including inaccurate or unreliable information can undermine the credibility and validity of the research presented in the thesis.