A stupid question by a stupid person

• Thread starter ak
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, asking a stupid question may not have a specific purpose and can happen due to lack of thought or understanding. When responding, it's important to be patient and provide a respectful answer. In a professional setting, it's encouraged to ask questions, but they should be asked in an appropriate manner. To avoid asking stupid questions, actively listen, do research, and ask for clarification. Asking a stupid question does not make someone look unintelligent, but rather shows a willingness to learn and improve.
ak
hello!
I'm new on this forum. I am currently building a paper rocket.
Just a question (if you can please help): how much weight do you think spray paint or permanent marker will add to the paper rocket?

Thanks in advance,

Physics news on Phys.org
Aha! First tell me how much weight you add to the weight of the Earth :wink:

This is impossible to answer, it depends on how much you put on and how big your rocket is.

Perhaps you could test paint a piece of cardboard, weighing befor and after to see if you can detect the change.

ok thanks

1. What is the purpose of asking a stupid question?

There may not necessarily be a purpose behind asking a stupid question. Sometimes, people may ask questions without thinking or due to a lack of understanding. It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes and it is okay to ask for clarification or further information.

2. How should I respond to someone who asks a stupid question?

It is important to be patient and understanding when responding to someone who asks a stupid question. Instead of being dismissive or belittling, try to provide a helpful and respectful answer. This will create a positive and inclusive environment for learning.

3. Is it okay to ask a stupid question in a professional setting?

Yes, it is okay to ask a stupid question in a professional setting. In fact, it is encouraged as it shows a desire to learn and improve. However, it is important to ask questions in a respectful and appropriate manner to maintain a professional atmosphere.

4. How can I avoid asking stupid questions?

To avoid asking stupid questions, it is important to actively listen and pay attention to the information being presented. Also, take time to do some research or gather more information before asking a question. Additionally, don't be afraid to ask for clarification if something is unclear.

5. Will asking a stupid question make me look unintelligent?

No, asking a stupid question does not make you look unintelligent. In fact, it shows that you are willing to learn and improve. Everyone has areas of knowledge that they are not familiar with, and asking questions is a great way to expand your understanding in those areas.