Digital Elevator: Designing a 2 Floor System

In summary: Notes:In summary, the conversation is about creating a 2 floor elevator using an H-bridge to control the motor. The elevator must stop at both floors and can only go up when it is down and down when it is up. The idea to implement this is to use two reed switches on the track and a magnet on the elevator car, connected to the power leads in different polarities. The switches should engage after the elevator moves to the floor. To stop the elevator, simple logic gates can be used with switches and resistors to pull logic high/low. Truth tables can be used to show the work.
JasonJo
hey guys I am stumped on this project: make a 2 floor elevator. i am going to use an H-bridge to control which way the motor spins (ie. clockwise will make the elevator go up, counter - down).

anyway, here are the initial conditions to be met:
elevator must stop at both floors
elevator will only go up when it is down
elevator will only go down when it is up

any ideas to implement this? the class i am taking has no gone over microcontrollers, the farthest I've gone is MUX/DeMUX's.

PLEASE HELP!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please stop it with the please help bit.
I will help (i am nice coder after all)
put two reed switches on the track (one on each floor) and a magnet on the back of the car(the thingy which goes up and down), insetad of a h-bridge, just connect the power leads in differing polatities using the reed switches.

+ --_
sw1---_
sw2---------- lead 1
- --
- --_
sw1---_
sw2--------moveswitch-- lead 2
+ --

This should work, just don't mix up the two reed switches! (put them so that they engage only after they move to the floor)

Any questions so far?

how would it stop?

Simple logic gates.

Write out the conditions using some sort of switch (like the reed or a simple contact switch) with a resistor to pull logic high/low. Then its simply "up switch AND elevator at floor 1 switch" stuff, and you could write out the truth tables to show your work.

Cliff

1. What is a digital elevator?

A digital elevator is a type of elevator system that uses electronic controls and sensors to operate and move between floors. It typically includes a digital control panel for selecting floors and monitoring the elevator's status.

2. How does a digital elevator differ from a traditional elevator?

A digital elevator uses advanced technology, such as sensors and electronic controls, to operate and move between floors. This allows for more precise and efficient movement, as well as additional safety features.

3. How does a 2 floor system work?

A 2 floor system is a type of digital elevator that is designed to move between only two floors. It typically uses a simple control panel with buttons for the two floors, and the elevator will go directly to the selected floor without stopping at any other floors.

4. What are the benefits of a digital elevator?

Digital elevators offer several benefits, including increased efficiency and speed, improved safety features, and the ability to track and monitor usage. They also require less maintenance and are more environmentally friendly compared to traditional elevators.

5. Are there any downsides to using a digital elevator?

One potential downside of a digital elevator is the initial cost of installation, as it may be more expensive than a traditional elevator. Additionally, some users may find the digital control panel more complicated to use compared to a traditional elevator's buttons.