Where to Buy Enzymes? Providers & Suppliers

• Thread starter Borealis
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Enzymes
In summary, enzymes can be purchased from various providers and suppliers, including scientific supply companies, online retailers, and specialty enzyme manufacturers. There are a wide range of enzymes available for purchase, including digestive enzymes, industrial enzymes, and research enzymes for various applications. Enzymes can also be classified by their source, such as animal, plant, or microbial enzymes. The quality of enzymes can vary depending on the provider, so it is important to research the reputation and certifications of the supplier before making a purchase. Additionally, many enzyme suppliers offer bulk purchasing options for larger quantities or recurring orders. Enzymes are sensitive to temperature, pH, and other environmental factors, so it is important to store and handle them according to the manufacturer's instructions and use
Borealis
Does anyone know commercial providers of enzymes ?

Biology news on Phys.org
New england biolabs is an important provider of enzymes
http://www.neb.com/nebecomm/default.asp

Fermentas is another one
http://www.fermentas.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Google can be your friend too! Try searching for it. I came up with several sites.

Invitrogen also sells things like restriction enzymes.

What type of enzyme are you looking for, and what country are you in (suppliers differ from country to country).

Google it.

1. Where can I buy enzymes?

Enzymes can be purchased from various providers and suppliers, including scientific supply companies, online retailers, and specialty enzyme manufacturers.

2. What types of enzymes are available for purchase?

There are a wide range of enzymes available for purchase, including digestive enzymes, industrial enzymes, and research enzymes for various applications. Enzymes can also be classified by their source, such as animal, plant, or microbial enzymes.

3. How do I determine the quality of the enzymes being sold?

The quality of enzymes can vary depending on the provider. It is important to research the reputation and certifications of the supplier before making a purchase. Additionally, look for enzymes that are produced in a controlled environment and have undergone rigorous testing and purification processes.

4. Can I purchase enzymes in bulk?

Many enzyme suppliers offer bulk purchasing options for larger quantities or recurring orders. This is often a more cost-effective option for researchers and companies who require a large amount of enzymes for their experiments or productions.

5. Do I need any special equipment to handle and store enzymes?

Enzymes are sensitive to temperature, pH, and other environmental factors. It is important to store enzymes according to the manufacturer's instructions and use appropriate equipment, such as refrigerators or freezers, to maintain their stability. Some enzymes may also require specialized handling procedures, so it is important to read the product information carefully before use.