The Easiest Job In the World: A Look at Costco Employees

• Thread starter fourier jr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, the conversation discussed various opinions on what the easiest job in the world could be. Some suggestions included being a parking lot attendant, a religious leader, a news reporter, or participating in sleep disorder studies, beer tasting, food critique, or movie critique. The conversation also touched on the idea of an easy job being one that allows time to pass quickly and one that is both challenging and satisfying.
fourier jr
What is the easiest job in the world? I think it would be the person at a Costco who stands at the exit and checks people's receipts, or maybe the person who stands at the entrance and makes sure people have their membership cards.

Physics news on Phys.org
fourier jr said:
What is the easiest job in the world? I think it would be the person at a Costco who stands at the exit and checks people's receipts, or maybe the person who stands at the entrance and makes sure people have their membership cards.

What do you mean by easy?

If you had serious problems standing up, the jobs you just said would probably be very hard to do, for example Stephen Hawkins would certainly find it difficult, wouldn't he.

So what is your point? Easy for who?

Parking lot attendant, its like the costco scenario except you even get a chair :-)

(1) Being a religious leader. Throw common sense out the window and just spew garbage "God" told you 1 on 1. Then collect money for the church to buy yourself something nice. You don't even need to have a 9-5...:rofl:

(2)Being a news reporter. You don't have to do your homework, check your facts, or even write your own piece. Plus you get to be on TV and become famous.

Last edited:
I had an uncle who used to work security on construction sites at night. Basically, sit around reading books or listening to the radio and making sure nobody wanders into steal a crane. That sounded pretty easy (he did that when his eyesight got too bad to be allowed to operate the equipment, which was his previous job in construction).

cyrusabdollahi said:
(2)Being a news reporter. You don't have to do your homework, check your facts, or even write your own piece. Plus you get to be on TV and become famous.

Yeah, if people like you. If they don't, then the job s.u.c.k.s.

People who get paid to sleep for sleep disorder studies.
Beer tasters
Food critics
Movie critics

radou said:
Yeah, if people like you. If they don't, then the job s.u.c.k.s.

Who wouldn't tune into watch me, only a communist wouldnt. You're not communist are you? LOL!

Last edited:
To me, an easy job is one in which time flies by quickly. I want the hours of the workday to pass by in what seems like minutes. A security job would be awful. The job would be dreadfully boring 99% of the time. The only thing worse would be when something exciting happens; bad guys often carry guns and shoot at the security guards.

Ahhh yes I didn't even think about the food tasters. I would probably pay to get a job as a Breyer's ice cream taste tester or w/e they call them :smile:

Ivan Seeking said:
People who get paid to sleep for sleep disorder studies.
Beer tasters

:rofl:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Who wouldn't tune into watch me, only a communist wouldnt. You're not communist are you? LOL!

No. But I'm sure I'd rather watch Oprah.

You didnt get my joke, because you don't watch US media. When the US media disagrees with you, they say something stupid like that. Like watching oprah, she supports the terrorists. You don't watch oprah and support the terrorists do you??

cyrusabdollahi said:
You didnt get my joke, because you don't watch US media. When the US media disagrees with you, they say something stupid like that. Like watching oprah, she supports the terrorists. You don't watch oprah and support the terrorists do you??

I got your joke.

And I still wouldn't turn into watch you.

I'd still rather watch Oprah and support terrorism.

:tongue:

radou said:
I got your joke.

And I still wouldn't turn into watch you.

I'd still rather watch Oprah and support terrorism.

:tongue:

You terrorist supporting commie puke :tongue2:

cyrusabdollahi said:
You terrorist supporting commie puke :tongue2:

You journalist supporting Oprah fan. :tongue2:

radou said:
You journalist supporting Oprah fan. :tongue2:

Let's not say things we can't take back. :redface:

The easiest job is one that is challenging enough and satisfying enough to be rewarding, but also has some routine aspects that keep you so busy that the day flies by. The best job I ever had (not considering pay and benefits) was running a large flat-bed gang-saw in a mill that made cabinet panels for Scoville/Nutone, etc. Setting up the saws, getting precise trims, minimizing waste, etc, etc, was demanding, like doing machine-shop work, but with materials that were not as predictable as metal billets. The great part was making long runs of cuts, feeding big laminated veneered panels to the saw for hours at a time. I could stand there working while composing lyrics or thinking about stuff while the day just flew by.

Edit: Probably second-best was mucking out the stalls in my uncle's Hereford tie-ups. You always accomplish something, the job is never really done, and the cattle really like it when you give them a little grain, and scratch their heads roughly, and slap them on the flanks calling their names. I never got kicked (something you can't always count on in a dairy environment) and as long as you respect the hierarchy of the herd, the matriarch will be your friend.

Last edited:
On merchant ships, they get completely skill-less people to watch for a blinking red light on the autopilot that tells them they should wake the captain...

Patent office clerk.

1. What makes Costco employees' job the easiest in the world?

The job at Costco is considered easy because there is a lot of support from management, the tasks are repetitive, and there is a strong sense of teamwork among employees.

2. How does Costco ensure employee satisfaction?

Costco offers competitive pay and benefits, opportunities for career advancement, and a positive work environment to ensure employee satisfaction.

3. Is there any training provided for Costco employees?

Yes, Costco provides extensive training for their employees to ensure they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their job effectively.

4. What are some of the tasks that Costco employees are responsible for?

Costco employees are responsible for tasks such as stocking shelves, assisting customers, operating cash registers, and maintaining the cleanliness of the store.

5. Are there any specific requirements to become a Costco employee?

To become a Costco employee, one must be at least 18 years old, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Previous retail experience is also preferred.