Text & Review Books for Chemistry Honors, AP Calculus, AP Bio, AP Env. Sci.

In summary, the speaker is asking for recommendations for easy-to-comprehend textbooks and concise review books for Chemistry Honors, AP Calculus, AP Bio, and AP Environmental Science. They are looking for well-organized books with few mistakes that offer a lot of practice and encourage critical thinking. They mention liking the Campbell book for AP Bio, but have no recommendations for the other subjects.
AznBoi
What are the best Text/Review books for: Chemistry Honors, AP Calculus, AP Bio, AP Enviornmental Science??

I'm looking for good textbooks that are easy to comprehend and gives you a lot of practice and allows you to think a lot. Likewise, I would like simplistic review books that go right to the point but also easy to understand. Good text organization, little mistakes/typos, and excellence overall are the characteristics that I would like my new books to have. So please offer me some good reviews! Thanks a lot. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I liked campbell a lot for the bio ap course I took, though I never really used any other bio books so I can't say its the best.

Larson is a pretty decent calc book at an AP/freshman college level. there are definently much more rigorous texts out there, (courant, apostol, etc).

No idea on ap environmental science or chemistry.

I understand the importance of having reliable and comprehensive resources for studying various subjects. For Chemistry Honors, I would recommend "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, LeMay, Bursten, Murphy, and Woodward. This textbook is widely used in high school and college level courses and is known for its clear explanations and thorough coverage of key topics.

For AP Calculus, "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart is a popular choice among students and teachers. It offers a good balance of theory and practice problems, as well as helpful examples and illustrations.

For AP Bio, I would suggest "Campbell Biology" by Reece, Urry, Cain, Wasserman, Minorsky, and Jackson. This textbook is highly recommended by AP teachers and covers all the key concepts in a clear and organized manner.

Lastly, for AP Environmental Science, "Environmental Science: Toward a Sustainable Future" by Wright and Boorse is a well-respected textbook that covers a wide range of environmental topics in a comprehensive and engaging way.

For review books, I would recommend "5 Steps to a 5: AP Chemistry" by John T. Moore and "Cracking the AP Calculus AB/BC Exams" by The Princeton Review. These books are known for their concise and focused review materials, as well as practice questions and exams.

For AP Bio and AP Environmental Science, "Barron's AP Biology" by Deborah T. Goldberg and "Barron's AP Environmental Science" by Gary S. Thorpe are popular choices among students. These review books offer comprehensive content review, practice questions, and full-length practice exams.

Overall, when selecting textbooks and review books, it's important to look for reliable and well-respected sources that align with the content and expectations of the specific AP course. I hope this helps and good luck with your studies!

1. What are the best review books for Chemistry Honors?

The best review books for Chemistry Honors will depend on your personal learning style, but some popular options include "Chemistry: The Central Science" by Brown, LeMay, Bursten, and Murphy and "AP Chemistry Crash Course" by Adrian Dingle. It is also helpful to consult with your teacher or peers for their recommendations.

2. Are there any review books specifically for AP Calculus?

Yes, there are several review books specifically for AP Calculus, including "5 Steps to a 5: AP Calculus AB" by William Ma and "Barron's AP Calculus" by David Bock and Dennis Donovan. It is important to choose a review book that aligns with the specific exam format and content for your AP Calculus course.

3. Can you recommend a review book for AP Biology?

Some popular review books for AP Biology include "Barron's AP Biology" by Deborah T. Goldberg and "Cracking the AP Biology Exam" by The Princeton Review. It is also helpful to look for review books that include practice tests and answer explanations to help you prepare for the exam.

4. Is there a review book for AP Environmental Science?

Yes, there are several review books available for AP Environmental Science, such as "5 Steps to a 5: AP Environmental Science" by Linda Williams and "Barron's AP Environmental Science" by Gary Thorpe. It is important to choose a review book that covers all the important topics and includes practice questions to help you prepare for the exam.

5. Do review books cover all the material for these courses?

Review books are meant to supplement your learning and help you prepare for exams, but they may not cover all the material in your courses. It is important to use review books in conjunction with your class notes, textbook, and other study materials to ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of the material.