Prostate Injury: Effects on Ejaculation & Fertility

• Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
In summary, a Pole Vaulter damaged his prostate when he stalled and came down on it. He was rushed to the doctor and was given a shot to stop the swelling. If the prostate is removed, he might not be able to have children naturally.
wasteofo2
Oh god, I was at track practice, pole vaulting, and I seriously damaged my prostate. I had just gotten over the pole, but stalled while going up a bit, and I pretty much came down right on the poll. It nearly went straight up my rectum and pretty much slammed into my prostate. I was rushed to the doctor and they had to give me some sort of shot to stop the swelling, and say that it might need to be removed if it doesn't get better soon.

What will happen to my ejaculate if my prostate's removed, will I ever be able to have kids naturally?

Biology news on Phys.org
sorry to hear that.. I would just take it very easy the next coming days, take bedrest, and hope for a speedy recovery.. I wouldn't worry too much until they can give a more clear prognosis :)

thats nasty!

At least it didn't turn sideways... you'll be fine tomorrow, methinks!

if they take it out, don't think youll ever have a love life again. that really sucks man. i know someone (friend of a friend kind of thing) who was jumping in this bush with his friend off a patio, he jumped assfirst and a broken branch went through his pants, up his rectum and destroyed his intestines. very bad.

Hurkyl said:
At least it didn't turn sideways... you'll be fine tomorrow, methinks!

You've obviously never been sodomized with a pole vaulting pole...

OMG! YOU POOR BABY! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Why don't you PM Adrenaline with your questions. She's an MD.

Come on you scientists, you should be a bit more critical on April 1.

Though I guess this was a bit too extreme for anyone to say "Yeah right, your prostate, I don't believe you..."

LOL! That was a good one! Only problem is that us scientists are too oblivious of what day it is to realize it was a joke until you told us :P

I told you you'll feel better tomorrow. :smile: I'm still amazed nobody else seemed to get it... I mean, c'mon, you got a pole stuck up your...

You evil, evil people :rolleyes:

I'm glad you approve! :wink:

You two are really A$$HOLES! :biggrin: :biggrin:

You got me good. (I haven't noticed the date for two days.) :redface:

1. What are the common causes of prostate injury?

The most common causes of prostate injury include surgery or procedures involving the prostate, trauma to the pelvic area, and infections or inflammation of the prostate gland.

2. How does prostate injury affect ejaculation?

Prostate injury can lead to changes in ejaculation, including decreased or absent ejaculation, painful ejaculation, or retrograde ejaculation (when semen flows into the bladder instead of out of the penis).

3. Can prostate injury impact fertility?

Yes, prostate injury can impact fertility by affecting the quality of semen and reducing sperm count. In some cases, it may even lead to infertility.

4. Are there any treatments for prostate injury-related ejaculation or fertility problems?

Treatments for ejaculation problems caused by prostate injury may include medication, physical therapy, or surgery. Fertility issues can be addressed through assisted reproductive techniques such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI).

5. Is there a way to prevent prostate injury?

While it may not be possible to completely prevent prostate injury, taking precautions during activities that may cause trauma to the pelvic area (such as sports or physical labor) can help reduce the risk. Regular check-ups and early treatment of prostate conditions can also help prevent further damage to the gland.