Need help with easy linear algebra proof

In summary, linear algebra is a branch of mathematics used to study linear systems of equations and their representations in vector spaces. It is important in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and computer science. To approach a proof in linear algebra, one must carefully read and understand the problem, identify relevant concepts and definitions, and use logical reasoning and mathematical techniques to build a step-by-step argument. Strategies for proving linear algebra statements include mathematical induction, proof by contradiction, and direct proof, along with algebraic manipulations, matrix and vector operations, and knowledge of key theorems and definitions. To ensure the correctness of a proof, it must follow a logical sequence of steps and adhere to the rules of mathematical reasoning. Resources for practicing and
Ghostrider
The gradient with respect to A of the trace of ABA'C = CAB + C'AB'

It should be very easy to prove that but for some reason I can't. Can anyone post the proof?

Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried?

And what does the prime denote?

1. What is linear algebra and why is it important?

Linear algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of linear systems of equations and their representations in vector spaces. It is important because it is widely used in various fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and computer science to model and solve real-world problems.

2. How do I approach a linear algebra proof?

The first step is to carefully read and understand the given problem. Then, identify the key concepts and definitions that are relevant to the proof. Next, use logical reasoning and mathematical techniques to build a step-by-step argument that leads to the desired conclusion. It is also important to check for any assumptions or conditions given in the problem that may affect the proof.

3. What are some common strategies for proving linear algebra statements?

Some common strategies include using mathematical induction, proof by contradiction, and direct proof. In addition, using algebraic manipulations, properties of matrices and vector operations, and knowledge of key theorems and definitions can also help in constructing a strong proof.

4. How do I know if my linear algebra proof is correct?

A proof is considered correct if it follows a logical sequence of steps that lead to the desired conclusion, and if it adheres to the rules of mathematical reasoning. It is important to clearly state each step and explain the reasoning behind it to ensure that the proof is valid.

5. What are some resources for practicing and improving my linear algebra proof skills?

There are many resources available for practicing linear algebra proofs, such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice problems. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek guidance from a teacher or tutor. Additionally, actively engaging in problem-solving and reviewing past proofs can also help improve skills in this area.