Absorbtion and emissions - Carbon dioxide

In summary, there is a debate over whether anthropogenic global warming (AGW) is primarily caused by CO2 emissions or by water vapor, which also has a significant impact on the greenhouse effect. Some argue that since water vapor makes up over 90% of greenhouse gases, it should be the main focus in addressing climate change. However, others argue that CO2 has a unique and significant impact on the atmosphere. This debate has sparked intense discussions in the Earth Science thread and it is a controversial topic. It is recommended to seek more information and opinions from experts, such as Andre, on this matter.
latecommer
I hear many who believe that AGW is caused primarily by CO2 emissions in the atmosphere.
I also hear from others that water vapor covers the same wave length in absorbtion. With more than 90% of the greenhouse gases being water vapor, what is the basis for the case concerning the influence of CO2.

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
That is the $64,000 question. It has been discussed in the Earth Sciences thread. Be warned that this question is like throwing a grenade into a room full hornets nests.

Thank You Chemistry
Do you know which thread In Earth Science dealt with this? If you would, what is your opinion on this question?

PS I am not alergic to honet stings.

latecommer said:
PS I am not alergic to honet stings.

You should PM Andre about that...

What is absorption and emissions of carbon dioxide?

Absorption and emissions of carbon dioxide refer to the process by which carbon dioxide is taken into the atmosphere and then released back into the environment.

What is the role of carbon dioxide in the absorption and emissions process?

Carbon dioxide plays a key role in the absorption and emissions process as it is one of the main greenhouse gases responsible for trapping heat in the Earth's atmosphere.

What are the sources of carbon dioxide emissions?

The main sources of carbon dioxide emissions include burning fossil fuels, deforestation, and industrial processes.

How does the absorption and emissions of carbon dioxide contribute to climate change?

The absorption and emissions of carbon dioxide contribute to climate change by increasing the Earth's overall temperature and causing changes in weather patterns and sea levels.

What are some ways to reduce carbon dioxide emissions?

Some ways to reduce carbon dioxide emissions include using renewable energy sources, implementing energy-efficient practices, and reducing deforestation.