From computer and communication engineering to physics degree

In summary, the person speaking has a diploma in computer and communication engineering and is currently working as a programmer. However, their true passion is physics and they spend 6-8 hours every day studying it after work. They are seeking guidance on how to reach their dream of becoming a physicist and are wondering if there are any universities with exchange programs from engineering to physics courses. They are also inspired by the other person's dedication to studying after work and hope to start their own independent research soon.
francoissaab
hello,

I have a diploma in computer in computer and communication engineering.in this field i studied mainly programming,electronics,electricity,mathematics,telecommunication and computer architecture.i can send you my CV and education documents if you like.

but the physics is my dream and my ambitious.i dream to become a physicist.my ideal is Albert Einstein.every day after my work day(as a programmer) i am doing 6 to 8 hours of math and physics studies.

can you guide through the process i can adopt to reach my target.is there any university that adopt an exchange program from engineering courses to physics courses.

regards,
Francois Saab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Francois, i fit in perfectly with the description that you have mentioned. I am a programmer myself with a degree in industrial engineering with keen interest in physics, the only difference being 6-8 hrs of work after work. really inspiring, how do u manage?
with the kind of effort you are putting into, you can start an independent research soon i guess.

i am studying after work directly and during weekends.i am not working after work.

1. What is the difference between computer and communication engineering and physics?

Computer and communication engineering involves designing and developing computer systems and networks, while physics focuses on studying the fundamental laws of nature and how they govern the behavior of matter and energy.

2. Can I pursue a physics degree if I have a background in computer and communication engineering?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a physics degree with a background in computer and communication engineering. While there may be some overlap in technical skills, physics is a different field that requires a strong understanding of mathematics and analytical thinking.

3. What career opportunities are available with a degree in computer and communication engineering and physics?

With a degree in computer and communication engineering and physics, you may have a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as research and development, data analysis, telecommunications, and technology consulting.

4. How can a background in computer and communication engineering complement a physics degree?

A background in computer and communication engineering can complement a physics degree by providing practical knowledge and skills in areas such as programming, data analysis, and system design. These skills can be valuable in conducting research and analyzing data in the field of physics.

5. Is it beneficial to have a background in computer and communication engineering for a career in physics?

Having a background in computer and communication engineering can be beneficial for a career in physics as it can provide a strong foundation in technical skills and problem-solving abilities. It can also open up opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaborations between the two fields.