Recommend some papers or books on Inflation

In summary, the conversation includes a request for recommendations on papers or books about inflation. Suggestions for accessible resources are given, including links to two papers and a textbook by Liddle. It is also noted that Alan Guth's book, "The Inflationary Universe," is a popular science book and may not be suitable for someone looking to learn about inflation from a physicist's perspective.
micomaco86572
Could someone recommend some papers or books on Inflation? I know nothing about it, so I need some accessible ones. Thx.

Space news on Phys.org
Thx a lot!

I really like Liddle's work... I pretty much worshipped his textbook when first learning cosmology. It's sort of a shame he's formatted it with such wide margins, 36 pages is a lot to print! I guess that's LaTeX for you.

I think you would want to start with Alan Guth's book, The Inflationary Universe.

jnorman said:
I think you would want to start with Alan Guth's book, The Inflationary Universe.

That's a popular science book though, isn't it? I gathered that the OP wanted to learn about inflation as a physicist, and not as a layperson.

What is inflation and why is it important?

Inflation refers to the overall increase in prices of goods and services in an economy over a period of time. It is important because it affects the purchasing power of individuals and can have a significant impact on economic growth and stability.

Can you recommend some introductory papers or books on inflation?

Some good introductory papers on inflation include "Understanding Inflation: A Primer" by Alan Blinder and "Inflation: Causes and Consequences" by Robert J. Barro. For books, "Inflation: Causes, Consequences, and Cures" by Peter J. Montiel and "Inflation and the Theory of Money" by David Laidler are highly recommended.

Are there any recent papers or books that discuss the current state of inflation?

Yes, "The Inflation Outlook and Targeting Frameworks in Advanced and Emerging Market Economies" by Laurence M. Ball and "Inflation in Emerging and Developing Economies: Evolution, Drivers, and Policies" by Prakash Loungani and Martin Sommer are both recent papers that discuss the current state of inflation in different regions.

Are there any papers or books that focus on the causes of inflation?

Yes, "The Causes of Inflation" by Robert E. Hall and "Inflation and Unemployment: Contributions to a New Macroeconomic Approach" by Edmund S. Phelps are both highly regarded works that delve into the causes of inflation.

Are there any papers or books that offer solutions for controlling inflation?

"The End of Inflation: Solutions to Monetary and Fiscal Problems" by Robert E. Hall and "Controlling Inflation: A Blueprint for Monetary Policy" by Guido Tabellini are both recommended reads for understanding and implementing solutions for controlling inflation.