How does it feel to kiss someone?

• Thread starter Urvabara
  • Start date
In summary, it depends on who is being kissed. Some things can't be put into words. Kissing one's spouse or girlfriend is different than kissing one's mother, aunt or grandmother. It's also overrated. Singles Awareness day is getting old for some people. Eeeewwwww, eating food after someone else has eaten it is not a good idea. Captian would list it as a turn on.
Urvabara

Physics news on Phys.org
I got mono from my first kiss, so I suppose achy and tired.

I'm kissing my wife right now. It feels like this.

Urvabara said:
It depends on whom is being kissed.

Kissing one's spouse or girlfriend is quite a bit different that kissing one's mother, aunt or grandmother. :biggrin: Or at least I hope so. :rofl:

Some things cannot be described well with words.

The way your mouth feels in your lovers kiss
Like a pretty bird on a breeze or water to a fish

Dave Matthews...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8hmVIGKcM

Feels overrated.

Pengwuino said:
Feels overrated.

Singles Awareness day getting you down?

ApocalypseNowSmellLikeVictoryLtColKilgore.jpg

Feels like victory.

MotoH said:
Singles Awareness day getting you down?

No, it's overrated. Hollywood/girls are full of it. If you can, try to get some work done while you're doing it.

zoobyshoe said:
Feels like victory.

You're thinking about what comes after.

I love being free and feel sorry for all suckers who had to buy 2000$ chocolates for their girlfriends :D

rootX said:
I love being free and feel sorry for all suckers who had to buy 2000$ chocolates for their girlfriends :D

They're $2.99 at walmart.

Then again that doesn't get you too far along with keeping a gf.

Pengwuino said:
You're thinking about what comes after.
Yeah, and after you're done with what comes after, all you have is the smell of napalm in the morning.

are you trying to get ahead at work and its your boss?

zoobyshoe said:
ApocalypseNowSmellLikeVictoryLtColKilgore.jpg

Feels like victory.
without the smell of napalm. That would be a show stopper! :rofl:

Astronuc said:
without the smell of napalm. That would be a show stopper! :rofl:

i think that captian would list it under "turn ons" though :D

Kissing after dinner, or eating in general is a bad idea. Quite frankly eating food that was in someone elses mouth is a bad idea.

Depends on who you are kissing, I've had the poppers and smackers and one guy that drooled so much into my mouth that it gagged me and I needed a towel to wipe myself off from his drool overflow, he was an attractive med student too. Then there are the guys that try to give you a tonsilectomy, the tooth lickers, the tongue swabbers. Then on the other end, the clenched teeth kissers that think kissing is rubbing lips together.

MotoH said:
Kissing after dinner, or eating in general is a bad idea. Quite frankly eating food that was in someone elses mouth is a bad idea.
Well - at least wait until after the palate cleanser (e.g., lime sherbert).

Evo said:
Depends on who you are kissing, I've had the poppers and smackers and one guy that drooled so much into my mouth that it gagged me and I needed a towel to wipe myself off from his drool overflow, he was an attractive med student too. Then there are the guys that try to give you a tonsilectomy, the tooth lickers, the tongue swabbers.
On first dates?! Eeeewwwww. :yuck: I can't imagine one would go on a second date with such guys. :uhh:

Evo said:
Depends on who you are kissing, I've had the poppers and smackers and one guy that drooled so much into my mouth that it gagged me and I needed a towel to wipe myself off from his drool overflow, he was an attractive med student too. Then there are the guys that try to give you a tonsilectomy, the tooth lickers, the tongue swabbers. Then on the other end, the clenched teeth kissers that think kissing is rubbing lips together.

Lol, that made me gag and laugh at the same time...

Evo said:

It's my experience that girls have more complaints about guys than guys have about girls. I think only about 10% of the girls I've kissed did anything annoying. I surmise girls are naturally better kissers.

Regardless, trying to describe what it's like to kiss a good kisser to someone who's never kissed anyone strikes me as incredibly difficult. Your lips are jam-packed with nerve endings and the experience of slowly exploring a girl's delicious lips and mouth with your own hypersensitive lips and tongue would require a Proustian elaboration of details of textures and tastes and smells that still might only mean something to someone who'd done it themselves, and still not end up communicating what it's like to someone who hadn't.

Evo said:
and one guy that drooled so much into my mouth that it gagged me and I needed a towel to wipe myself off from his drool overflow

"Drool Overflow" would be a great name for a band.

zoobyshoe said:
It's my experience that girls have more complaints about guys than guys have about girls. I think only about 10% of the girls I've kissed did anything annoying. I surmise girls are naturally better kissers.

A significant number of the women I have kissed have been rather poor or unimpressive kissers. Its not exactly something I tend to go around talking about though and guy talk about women that they have "hooked up" with tends to be light on kissing details in general.

zoobyshoe said:
Yeah, and after you're done with what comes after, all you have is the smell of napalm in the morning.
A real masochist let's his girlfriend use his razor to shave her legs.

Kissing isn't the same every time or with every person. It can be a quick peck on the lips like saying see you later. It can be a battle of teeth and tongue and breath like fighting dogs. Sometimes it is like a funny joke with flushed faces. Other times it's lips pressed together forcefully like tectonic plates over molten earth. Still other times it's like waterbugs skimming across the surface of a quiet lake.

Have fun learning to communicate.

I would say that kissing is one of the best things ever, It makes you feel warm and happy.

I'm with Huck and Astronuc one this one. There are many types of kisses which ultimately depend on the mood and/or people involved; however, kissing can also set the mood. :biggrin:

One form of kissing can be partly described as a sensual, meet-you-half-way form of communication, or a gentle dance/massage between two mouths. In my experience, it invokes feelings of connection, intimacy, affection, tenderness, and pleasure. Being respectful of the other person's space (no tonsil-hockey!) is a good rule of thumb. :smile:

Dembadon said:
no tonsil-hockey!

Craziness! :wink:

Urvabara said:

A first sensual kiss, when newly in love, is like diving into a mountain of whipped creme.

It's just as sureal, and is the closest thing to heaven on earth.

Huckleberry said:
A real masochist let's his girlfriend use his razor to shave her legs.

Kissing isn't the same every time or with every person. It can be a quick peck on the lips like saying see you later. It can be a battle of teeth and tongue and breath like fighting dogs. Sometimes it is like a funny joke with flushed faces. Other times it's lips pressed together forcefully like tectonic plates over molten earth. Still other times it's like waterbugs skimming across the surface of a quiet lake.

Have fun learning to communicate.

Don't you try and ruin kissing chicks for me. Do I want to think about water bugs whilst swapping spit with a girl? No I do not. Nor do I want to think of dry humping as tectonic plates!

Keep the science out of hooking up man.

TheStatutoryApe said:
A significant number of the women I have kissed have been rather poor or unimpressive kissers. Its not exactly something I tend to go around talking about though and guy talk about women that they have "hooked up" with tends to be light on kissing details in general.

This could well be it. Guys are not as interested in sharing kissing ratings as girls are.

elect_eng said:
A first sensual kiss, when newly in love, is like diving into a mountain of whipped creme.

It's just as sureal, and is the closest thing to heaven on earth.

I'm allergic whipped cream : P

it's just a motion for me, nothing special.

ƒ(x) said:
I'm allergic whipped cream : P

it's just a motion for me, nothing special.

My condolences. Two of life's joys denied to you. Hopefully, there are others to compensate. :smile:

elect_eng said:
My condolences. Two of life's joys denied to you. Hopefully, there are others to compensate. :smile:

Haha there are

<h2>1. How does it feel physically to kiss someone?</h2><p>When you kiss someone, your lips and tongue come into contact with theirs. This creates a sensation of warmth and pressure, which can be pleasurable. Kissing also triggers the release of hormones like oxytocin and dopamine, which can make you feel happy and connected to the person you are kissing.</p><h2>2. Why do people enjoy kissing?</h2><p>Kissing can be enjoyable for a variety of reasons. It can create a sense of intimacy and connection with your partner, and it can also release feel-good hormones in the brain. Kissing can also be a way to express love, desire, and passion.</p><h2>3. Can kissing be uncomfortable or unpleasant?</h2><p>While kissing is generally considered a pleasurable experience, it can be uncomfortable or unpleasant for some people. This can be due to personal preferences, cultural norms, or physical factors such as bad breath or chapped lips.</p><h2>4. Is there a difference in how kissing feels with different people?</h2><p>Yes, the sensation of kissing can vary depending on the person you are kissing. Factors such as their technique, chemistry with you, and even their physical features (such as the shape of their lips) can all play a role in how kissing feels.</p><h2>5. Can kissing have health benefits?</h2><p>There is some evidence that kissing can have health benefits. It can boost your immune system by exposing you to new bacteria, and it can also lower stress and blood pressure. Kissing can also improve intimacy and communication in relationships, which can have a positive impact on overall well-being.</p>

1. How does it feel physically to kiss someone?

When you kiss someone, your lips and tongue come into contact with theirs. This creates a sensation of warmth and pressure, which can be pleasurable. Kissing also triggers the release of hormones like oxytocin and dopamine, which can make you feel happy and connected to the person you are kissing.

2. Why do people enjoy kissing?

Kissing can be enjoyable for a variety of reasons. It can create a sense of intimacy and connection with your partner, and it can also release feel-good hormones in the brain. Kissing can also be a way to express love, desire, and passion.

3. Can kissing be uncomfortable or unpleasant?

While kissing is generally considered a pleasurable experience, it can be uncomfortable or unpleasant for some people. This can be due to personal preferences, cultural norms, or physical factors such as bad breath or chapped lips.

4. Is there a difference in how kissing feels with different people?

Yes, the sensation of kissing can vary depending on the person you are kissing. Factors such as their technique, chemistry with you, and even their physical features (such as the shape of their lips) can all play a role in how kissing feels.

5. Can kissing have health benefits?

There is some evidence that kissing can have health benefits. It can boost your immune system by exposing you to new bacteria, and it can also lower stress and blood pressure. Kissing can also improve intimacy and communication in relationships, which can have a positive impact on overall well-being.