Torque required to run a roller

In summary, if your motor is only handling a load of 167 N.m, but the inverter is rated for 415 N.m, it is likely that there is an underlying issue causing the burn out. It is recommended to seek professional assistance to accurately diagnose and solve the problem.
dewz
Hallo.

I have a problem

i want to know why my Invertor is burn.

the Object speed 0.5 m/s in 3 seconds then constant 0.5 m/s
that mean acceleration = 0.167

for Object

use F=ma = 5000*.167= 835 N
and Torque= F*r = 835 * 0.20 = 167 N.m

for Motor

Omega W=n * 2pi/60 = 2990*2*pi/60 = 313

Torque = P / W = 2600 Watt/313 = 8.31 N.m

ration of wheel = 50:1 then 8.31*50 = 415 N.m

My Motor have Torque = 415 but load only 167 N.m. Why my invertor is broken ?

or i have miss calculate

Attachments

• ROLLER .jpg
    ROLLER .jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 426
Engineering news on Phys.org
something ?It is possible that your calculations are incorrect, or that your motor is not powerful enough to handle the load. Additionally, it is also possible that the inverter is faulty. To determine the cause of the burn out, you should consult a qualified engineer or technician to diagnose the issue. They will be able to provide more detailed information, such as whether there was an electrical fault, a mechanical problem, or a combination of the two.

1. What is torque and how does it relate to running a roller?

Torque is a measure of the amount of rotational force needed to turn an object. In the context of a roller, torque is the force required to rotate the roller and move materials along its surface.

2. What factors affect the torque required to run a roller?

The torque required to run a roller can be affected by several factors, including the size and weight of the roller, the materials being transported, and the speed at which the roller is moving.

3. How can the torque required to run a roller be calculated?

The torque required to run a roller can be calculated by multiplying the force necessary to move the materials by the radius of the roller. This calculation takes into account the distance from the center of the roller to the point where the force is being applied.

4. What are some ways to reduce the torque required to run a roller?

One way to reduce the torque required to run a roller is to decrease the weight of the materials being transported. This can be achieved by using lighter materials or reducing the amount of materials being moved at one time. Another way is to increase the speed of the roller, as this can decrease the force needed to move the materials.

5. How does friction affect the torque required to run a roller?

Friction can significantly impact the torque required to run a roller. High levels of friction can increase the force needed to move the materials, resulting in a higher torque requirement. To reduce friction, proper lubrication and maintenance of the roller are necessary.