Its to late to become a good student?

• Thread starter AlexES16
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary: But in high school you can focus on those subjects and make good grades.In high school you can focus on those subjects and make good grades.In summary, you are a good student if you focus on your studies and do not give up.
AlexES16
Its to late to become a good student??

Today i had my math exam, and i hoped to get at least a 35 of 40 points, now i think i get less than 20, i am very disapointed, i like physics and math, i love solving math problems and physics are very interesting to me but i haven't been a good student and my grades are bad or mediocare. So my question is, it is to late for me to become excellent in math and physics if i start puting the real effort? I am in my last school year and in 8 months i start universitie, I am planing to be a mechanical engineer.

Physics news on Phys.org

You're almost too early to be considered a good student :rofl:

No but in reality, it's never too late to become a good student. You might have to get more realistic about your dream university, but if you plan on going to grad school, whatever university you do go to for your undergrad will be a fresh start. By the second week of college, your high school record is irrelevant.

Never, but it gets harder as you go...

Pengwuino said:
You're almost too early to be considered a good student :rofl:

No but in reality, it's never too late to become a good student. You might have to get more realistic about your dream university, but if you plan on going to grad school, whatever university you do go to for your undergrad will be a fresh start. By the second week of college, your high school record is irrelevant.

Thanks for the info men.

iratern said:
Never, but it gets harder as you go...

Well i should start now.

So you can be excellent at univeristy wihtouth being excellent in high school?

Yes, but as other posters have said, it gets harder. After all, if you don't have good study habits in high school, how are you going to suddenly acquire them in college? (You *can* acquire them... but you have to consciously work at it, not just hope things will be better somehow.)

TMFKAN64 said:
Yes, but as other posters have said, it gets harder. After all, if you don't have good study habits in high school, how are you going to suddenly acquire them in college? (You *can* acquire them... but you have to consciously work at it, not just hope things will be better somehow.)

Well i already started studying 3 hours a day.

AlexES16 said:
Well i already started studying 3 hours a day.
About this, don't go overboard. I don't know how much you studied before but it is better to keep studying 1 hour per day and really that instead of studying 3 hours per day and quit with it after a few weeks due to frustration.

Crank up the amount of study hours slowly, you don't become a good student overnight.

One of the best ways to become a good student is to become friends with a good student. Find yourself a good partner and some of his/her good habits will latch on to you (along with some bad habits, but good students allegedly lack those, no?)

Mathnomalous said:
One of the best ways to become a good student is to become friends with a good student. Find yourself a good partner and some of his/her good habits will latch on to you (along with some bad habits, but good students allegedly lack those, no?)

Acutally lately i had made friends with guys that go good in grades.

Klockan3 said:
About this, don't go overboard. I don't know how much you studied before but it is better to keep studying 1 hour per day and really that instead of studying 3 hours per day and quit with it after a few weeks due to frustration.

Crank up the amount of study hours slowly, you don't become a good student overnight.

The problem in my school is that we have like 13 asignatures, and the time for math and physics get kinda absorbed by the others.

1. Can I still become a good student if I've struggled in the past?

Yes, it is never too late to become a good student. Your past struggles do not define your future potential. With determination and hard work, you can improve your study habits and become a successful student.

2. How do I improve my grades if I've fallen behind?

The first step is to identify the areas where you are struggling and seek help from your teachers or tutors. Create a study schedule and stick to it, prioritize your assignments and make sure to stay organized. Practice good time management skills and stay committed to your studies.

3. Is it too late to change my major if I'm not doing well in my current one?

No, it is never too late to change your major. If you are not performing well in your current major, it may be a sign that it is not the right fit for you. Speak to your academic advisor and explore other options that align with your interests and strengths.

4. Can I still get accepted into a good university if I haven't been a good student?

Yes, it is possible to get accepted into a good university even if you have not been a good student in the past. Many universities consider other factors such as extracurricular activities, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. Additionally, you can improve your academic record by taking challenging courses and demonstrating improvement in your grades.

5. How do I stay motivated to become a good student?

Staying motivated can be challenging, but setting achievable goals and rewarding yourself for your accomplishments can help. Surround yourself with supportive peers and seek help from your teachers when needed. Remember your long-term goals and the benefits of being a good student, such as better career opportunities and personal growth.