Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive

In summary, the Perimeter Scholars International Lectures are a great resource for understanding rigorous and advanced physics topics.
Kevin_Axion
I'm not necessarily sure if anyone has posted this archive of Perimeter Scholars International Lectures but I suppose that if it has or hasn't they'll serve as a distinctive and quantitative approach to understanding rigorous and advanced physics topics.

The link is the following: http://pirsa.org/C09021/1

The subject matter incorporated in these lectures includes the following (each topic has set of approximately 10 videos):

http://www.perimeterscholars.org/course-curriculum.html

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for posting this. Not only the Perimeter Scholars series, but the whole PIRSA is a great resource. In fact people here have many times giving individual links to selected PIRSA lecture videos that they thought were especially pertinent, but you are the first person to copy in a whole part of the menu.

PIRSA, in case anyone has not used it before, is Perimeter Institute Recorded Seminar Archive.

It has videos of some 5 years of talks (at least that I think) and also PDF files of the lecture notes, which are sometimes easier to scan through.

You can search the PIRSA archive by topic, by special conference/workshop name, by author/speaker name, and by title. E.g. find all talks by Etera Livine, or by Laurent Freidel, or by Leonard Susskind.

Anyone who finds something they think is especially good in PIRSA, if it relates to this forum topics, please share the link!

I check this:
http://pirsa.org/
(at least) a couple of times a week for new stuff I might be interested in.
It has a "catch up" feature where you can scan all the new stuff that came in since you looked last time.

I thought I would put this on the front page again because I think it's an amazing resource that shouldn't be ignored.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the great resource.

The curriculum has recently changed and the videos regarding Supergravity/Supersymmetry as well as Conformal Field Theory aren't posted in www.PIRSA.org/C09021/1 - www.PIRSA.org/C09021/38. They will likely update it once the 2010=2011 program is over, or at Christmas.

Last edited:
Also, similar to that, there is the analogous version from the advanced institute of studies in Princeton: http://video.ias.edu/PiTP2008

Perhaps you have seen it somewhere, but so far it's interesting to see the lectures by Schwarz on superstring theory ;)

I think they upgrade the conferences videos yearly, so there must be the 2009 and 2010 (maybe not yet) sites.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the link Kevin, that's whay more handy when it comes to watch these lectures!
I think I will watch some of these this Christmas.

1. What is the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive?

The Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive is an online collection of recorded lectures and talks given by leading scientists and researchers in the fields of physics, mathematics, and cosmology. It is hosted by the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics in Canada.

2. How can I access the lectures in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive?

The lectures in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive are freely available to anyone with an internet connection. They can be accessed through the Perimeter Institute's website or through various online platforms such as YouTube and iTunes.

3. What topics are covered in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive?

The Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive features a wide range of topics, including quantum mechanics, black holes, string theory, cosmology, and more. The lectures are designed to be accessible to a general audience, but also contain advanced concepts and theories for more experienced scientists and researchers.

4. Are the lectures in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive only for scientists?

No, the lectures in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive are open to anyone with an interest in science and the featured topics. While some lectures may contain advanced concepts, they are designed to be accessible to a general audience and can be enjoyed by anyone with a curiosity about the universe.

5. Can I download or share the lectures from the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive?

Yes, the lectures in the Perimeter Scholars Lecture Archive are available for download and can be shared with others. They are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, which allows for non-commercial sharing and adaptation of the content.