Censorship on Non-Lethal Systems at Universities

• Thread starter OceanWanderer
  • Start date
In summary: I don't want people posting in it anymore. If you have a legitimate question, please ask in a new thread.
OceanWanderer
I was just censored on this forum for exploring ideas relating to reducing violence and promoting non-lethal, defensive systems over deadly protection systems.

Do you all have any idea how many universities are currently working on various non-lethal systems under grant? Are you moderators even in Physics or Engineering departments or aware of the current happenings in them?

My closed topic, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3044998#post3044998 , was in good spirit and follows closely with a huge amount of research being done across the country in various universities.

How, in any way, does something that is researched so widely under grant at various universities, violate the TOS of this site?

Combine this senseless censorship with attacks by DanP on the very first thread I replied to and well... you all just lost a new member in the first 4 posts. What a terrible place to ask questions or engage in conversation. People here have no respect for others.

Physics news on Phys.org
There are better channels you can pursue if you need information about shipboard weapons systems. If you really need something to defend your vessel, you should know who to get in touch with.

I understand what you're saying. The forum isn't keen on discussing ways to inflict deliberate injury on others. There are liability and legal ramifications to this.

As to the flamers, ignore them. There are lots of males who aren't men in here.

However, you may not realize that your other post involved powers which at every level would have caused permanent eye damage and blindness. I was about to tell you to give up on the concept when the thread was closed. There's no such thing as a "dazzler" that can't put an eye out permanently. IR is far worse, it will cook the cornea in seconds causing perment blindness without the victim being aware until it's too late.

Just carry the gun at sea and hide it on the boat in port. That has to be what everyone else does.

You might use a taser once they're on board, but they'll have guns- and so should you.

Don't bring a knife or a laser to gunfight.

OceanWanderer said:
How, in any way, does something that is researched so widely under grant at various universities, violate the TOS of this site?

Drug recipes & explosives are also researched at Universities, but we don't discuss them here as well. That's just the way it is. We don't want some kid to try theses ideas because they look cool. It has nothing to do with you.

Forum rules:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Illegal/Dangerous Activities:
Explicit "how to" discussions of illegal and/or dangerous activities, or posts advocating such activities, are prohibited; such as: how to make explosives, manufacture crack, steal software, hack into the CIA, ...

If you have problems with post by any user, use the Report button.

Edit: I am locking the thread.

What does it mean to be an "underwhelmed new member"?

"Underwhelmed" refers to feeling disappointed or unimpressed. A new member who is underwhelmed may have had high expectations that were not met, resulting in a feeling of disappointment.

What are some common reasons for feeling underwhelmed as a new member?

Some common reasons for feeling underwhelmed as a new member may include a lack of support or guidance from existing members, not feeling included in the group, or not finding the experience to be as valuable as expected.

How can a new member overcome feeling underwhelmed?

One way a new member can overcome feeling underwhelmed is by communicating their concerns and expectations to the group. This can help the group understand the new member's needs and work towards addressing them. Additionally, actively participating and getting involved in activities and discussions can also help a new member feel more engaged and included.

What can existing members do to make a new member feel more welcomed and engaged?

Existing members can make a new member feel more welcomed and engaged by being inclusive and supportive. This can include introducing the new member to other members, making them feel included in group activities, and offering guidance and support when needed.

Is feeling underwhelmed as a new member a common experience?

Feeling underwhelmed as a new member is a common experience and is often a result of having high expectations for the group or organization. It is important for both new and existing members to communicate openly and work towards creating a positive and inclusive environment for all members.