To confirm my answer wheter is right or wrong

• Thread starter Sanosuke Sagara
  • Start date
In summary, when trying to confirm if your answer is correct or not, it is important to review the steps you took to solve the problem and make sure you followed all instructions. If your answer is different from the expected answer, you should double check your calculations and seek help if needed. There are multiple methods you can use to confirm your answer, such as using a calculator or a different formula. Additionally, there are shortcuts you can use to check your answer without redoing the entire problem, such as plugging the answer back into the original equation or estimating the answer. However, if you are still unsure about your answer, it is best to seek help from a colleague or teacher to avoid submitting an incorrect answer.
Sanosuke Sagara
A mass m at the end of a vertical spring constant k vibrates vertically with simple harmonic motion of amplitude a.Find the expression for the maximum kinetic energy of the mass in terms of m,k and a.

My solution :

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    15.5 KB · Views: 238
Physics news on Phys.org
i think your maximum kinetic energy should be 1/2*m*v^2 = 1/2*m*w^4*x^2 in stead of 1/2*m*w^2*x^2

Last edited:

Your solution is correct. The maximum kinetic energy of the mass can be expressed as:

Kmax = 1/2 * m * (2π * a * √(k/m))^2

or in simplified form as:

Kmax = π^2 * m * a^2 * k

Great job on solving this problem!

1. How can I confirm if my answer is correct or not?

One way to confirm your answer is by checking the steps you took to arrive at your answer. Make sure you followed all the given instructions and double check your calculations or reasoning. You can also ask a colleague or teacher to review your answer.

2. What if my answer is different from the expected answer?

If your answer is different from the expected answer, it could be due to a mistake in your calculations or a misunderstanding of the question. Review the steps you took to solve the problem and make sure you understand the question correctly. If you are still unsure, seek help from a colleague or teacher.

3. Can I use a different method to confirm my answer?

Yes, there are multiple methods you can use to confirm your answer. Some methods include checking your work with a calculator or using a different formula to solve the problem. Choose a method that you are most comfortable with and that will help you verify your answer accurately.

4. Is there a way to check my answer without redoing the entire problem?

Yes, there are some shortcuts you can use to check your answer without redoing the entire problem. For example, if your answer is a numerical value, you can plug it back into the original equation to see if it satisfies the equation. Another method is to estimate your answer and see if it falls within a reasonable range.

5. What should I do if I am still unsure about my answer?

If you are still unsure about your answer, it is best to seek help from a colleague or teacher. They can provide you with guidance and help you understand where you may have made a mistake. It is important to ask for help rather than submitting an incorrect answer.