Pressure Washer Pump used to pressurize pressure vessel?

In summary, the person is looking for a pump to pressurize water in a small pressure vessel up to 1500 psi. They are considering using either a pressure washer pump or a pump assembly from Princess Auto. They are seeking thoughts and suggestions and mention that a gas cylinder is not an option for their project.
JoshCull
Hi, I am working on a project that requires me to pressurize water in a small pressure vessel up to a pressure of 1500 psi. I am searching for a pump to do this. Do you guys think a pressure washer pump such as this one:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/CarWashingCleaning/PressureWashersElectric/PRD~0398557P/Simoniz+2000+PSI+Electric+Pressure+Washer.jsp?locale=en

or this one:
http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8149650/Pumps-%26-Unloaders/3.5-GPM-@-2,000-PSI-Pump-Assembly

will be able to accomplish the task and hold pressure constant at 1500 psi for 5 or 10 minutes?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
If you only need to ho;d pressure for a short time and don't have to repeat the operation too often have you thought about a gas (nitrogen) cylinder and a pressure regulator?

Hi thanks for your response. It has to be pressurized water in the tank (ideally with no air trapped inside)

What is a pressure washer pump?

A pressure washer pump is a mechanical device that is used to pressurize water and other cleaning solutions in order to create a high-pressure stream for cleaning surfaces.

What is the function of a pressure washer pump?

The main function of a pressure washer pump is to pressurize water and other cleaning solutions in order to create a high-pressure stream for cleaning surfaces. This high-pressure stream is more effective at removing dirt, grime, and other debris from surfaces compared to traditional methods of cleaning.

How does a pressure washer pump work?

A pressure washer pump works by using a motor or engine to drive a piston or plunger. When the piston or plunger moves back and forth, it creates pressure in the water chamber, which then forces the water out through a nozzle at high pressure.

What types of pressure washer pumps are available?

There are two main types of pressure washer pumps: axial pumps and triplex pumps. Axial pumps are more commonly used in residential pressure washers and have a lower pressure output. Triplex pumps are typically used in commercial and industrial settings and have a higher pressure output.

How do I maintain a pressure washer pump?

To maintain a pressure washer pump, it is important to regularly check and replace any worn or damaged parts, such as seals and valves. It is also important to use the correct type and amount of oil for the pump, as well as properly winterize the pump if it will be stored in cold temperatures. Regular cleaning and proper storage can also help prolong the life of a pressure washer pump.

Back