Ansys - diffrence between ansys multiphysic and WorkBench?

In summary, Ansys Workbench is the interface for running FEA models, while Ansys Multiphysics is the top-level solver package that can solve problems in various physics environments. While some tasks can be done in both, Multiphysics offers a wider range of capabilities and requires more explanation.
Total_Damage
Ansys -- diffrence between ansys multiphysic and WorkBench?

Could anyone explain me, What is the diffrence between ansys multiphysic and WorkBench?
And how to change the units in Ansys in Multiphysic? Because I'm hving the Problem Description in Inch?

Engineering news on Phys.org

Could anyone explain me, What is the diffrence between ansys multiphysic and WorkBench?
And how to change the units in Ansys Multiphysic?

Ansys Workbench is the CAE interface for importing, meshing, running, and post-processing FEA problems. It's just the interface for running models start to finish.

Ansys Multiphysics is the top-level solver package for Ansys. It's able to solve problems in many different physics environments including structural, fluids, emag, thermal just to name a few.

thank u sir... one thing i enclosed the image, what the things are done in multi physis it could be done in workbench. but need more explanation sir... pls reply me

Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench are both software packages developed by Ansys for engineering simulations. While they have some similarities, there are also some key differences between the two.

Ansys Multiphysics is a comprehensive simulation platform that allows users to solve multiphysics problems, meaning problems that involve multiple physical phenomena such as structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetics. It offers a wide range of tools and capabilities for modeling and analyzing complex systems and processes.

On the other hand, Ansys Workbench is a simulation environment that provides a user-friendly interface for creating and managing simulations. It can work with various Ansys solvers, including Multiphysics, but it is primarily used for structural and thermal simulations. It also has features for geometry creation, meshing, and post-processing of results.

In terms of units, both Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench have the ability to work with different unit systems, including inches. In Ansys Multiphysics, you can change the units by going to the "Units" menu under the "Tools" tab. In Workbench, you can change the units by going to the "Units" tab in the project schematic and selecting the desired unit system.

In summary, Ansys Multiphysics is a more advanced and comprehensive simulation platform, while Workbench is a simulation environment with a focus on structural and thermal simulations. Both have the capability to work with different unit systems, including inches.

What is Ansys Multiphysics?

Ansys Multiphysics is a software tool used for simulating and solving complex physical phenomena that involve multiple physics disciplines, such as structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, and thermal analysis.

What is Ansys Workbench?

Ansys Workbench is a graphical user interface (GUI) that serves as a platform for integrating various Ansys simulation tools, including Ansys Multiphysics, to create a unified simulation workflow.

What is the main difference between Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench?

The main difference between Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench is that Multiphysics is a standalone software that offers a wide range of physics simulations, while Workbench is a platform that integrates different Ansys tools to create a streamlined simulation process.

Which one should I use for my simulation needs, Ansys Multiphysics or Workbench?

The choice between Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench depends on your specific simulation needs. If you require multiple physics simulations, then Multiphysics would be the best option. However, if you need to integrate different simulations into a single workflow, then Workbench would be the better choice.

Can I use both Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench together for my simulations?

Yes, you can use both Ansys Multiphysics and Workbench together for your simulations. Workbench allows you to integrate different Ansys tools, including Multiphysics, to create a comprehensive simulation workflow that meets your specific needs.