Oscillator using ad829 works - trying to make it work using 741

In summary: This is an oscillator that can use a voltage supply lower than the supply voltage of the AD829. I will try to get the schematic attached so you can see.
FOIWATER said:
Vo as 20 v I load as 4 A

I understand about the op amp now.

Sure I understand now, this driver needs a higher voltage, right?

But it's only rated for 20,
Ok I see, for such a large load current L1 value looks good.

As for the high side driver you can use this one.
http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=printview&t=128299&start=0

Likes 1 person
Engineering news on Phys.org
I need a high input to turn on the mosfet. This seems like a different scenario, no?

I guess.. a high signal IS technically turning on the mosfet.. but it's a low signal from the driver which accomplishes it?

Last edited:
This circuit will do the job

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 373
I wouldn't feel right using it outright. But I will try my best to learn from it. Thanks, Jony

Do these circuits eliminate the need for a driver??

I am lost here

How about if I use a separate supply for the driver and ground the source of the MOSFET.

If this will work, will 5 volts be enough?

You want to use a floating power supply for a MOSFET ?

for the driver, will that work?

If you don't want to use this discrete MOSFET driver. I think you should try to use IR2011. You can power it from 12V power supply you already have in your design.

Really.. but as you said, 12 volts to the gate of the MOSFET will not allow me to have 28 volts at the source?

I will have 12 - Vgs only, no?

I don't think I understand drivers

But IR2011 has high side driver with external diode and capacitor. And this will boost the gate voltage up to
28V + 12V.

Last edited:
I did not know this thanks Jony

<h2>1. How does an oscillator using ad829 work?</h2><p>An oscillator using ad829 works by using an operational amplifier (op-amp) to create a feedback loop that generates a continuous oscillating signal. The ad829 is a high-performance op-amp that is specifically designed for use in oscillators.</p><h2>2. What is the purpose of using a 741 in an oscillator?</h2><p>The 741 is a general-purpose op-amp that can be used in a variety of electronic circuits, including oscillators. Its main purpose in an oscillator is to amplify and shape the oscillating signal generated by the ad829.</p><h2>3. How do I make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741?</h2><p>To make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741, you will need to connect the output of the ad829 to the input of the 741, and then use the output of the 741 to drive the feedback loop of the ad829. Additionally, you will need to adjust the values of the resistors and capacitors in the feedback loop to achieve the desired oscillation frequency.</p><h2>4. What are some common issues when trying to make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741?</h2><p>Some common issues when trying to make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741 include incorrect circuit connections, incorrect component values, and noise interference. It is important to carefully follow the circuit diagram and double-check all connections and component values to ensure proper functioning.</p><h2>5. Are there any tips for troubleshooting an oscillator using ad829 and 741?</h2><p>If you are having trouble getting your oscillator using ad829 and 741 to work, some tips for troubleshooting include checking all connections and component values, using a breadboard to test the circuit before soldering, and using a oscilloscope to measure the output signal and adjust component values accordingly.</p>

1. How does an oscillator using ad829 work?

An oscillator using ad829 works by using an operational amplifier (op-amp) to create a feedback loop that generates a continuous oscillating signal. The ad829 is a high-performance op-amp that is specifically designed for use in oscillators.

2. What is the purpose of using a 741 in an oscillator?

The 741 is a general-purpose op-amp that can be used in a variety of electronic circuits, including oscillators. Its main purpose in an oscillator is to amplify and shape the oscillating signal generated by the ad829.

3. How do I make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741?

To make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741, you will need to connect the output of the ad829 to the input of the 741, and then use the output of the 741 to drive the feedback loop of the ad829. Additionally, you will need to adjust the values of the resistors and capacitors in the feedback loop to achieve the desired oscillation frequency.

4. What are some common issues when trying to make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741?

Some common issues when trying to make an oscillator using ad829 work with a 741 include incorrect circuit connections, incorrect component values, and noise interference. It is important to carefully follow the circuit diagram and double-check all connections and component values to ensure proper functioning.

5. Are there any tips for troubleshooting an oscillator using ad829 and 741?

If you are having trouble getting your oscillator using ad829 and 741 to work, some tips for troubleshooting include checking all connections and component values, using a breadboard to test the circuit before soldering, and using a oscilloscope to measure the output signal and adjust component values accordingly.