Puppy Swallows 13-inch Knife - Lives With 8-Inch Scar

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Knife
In summary, a six-month-old puppy swallowed a 13-inch serrated knife, leaving it with an 8-inch scar. It seems that the puppy had only wanted to carve itself some turkey, but things did not go as planned. This incident is not uncommon, as evidenced by a friend's dog who once ate a six-pack of beer cans. The vet advised feeding the dog lots of bread to help the cans pass through its system. If intelligent design were true, dogs would have opposable thumbs to open beers and carve turkeys.
Mk
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050924/ap_on_fe_st/puppy_swallows_knife [Broken]
Six month old puppy swallowed 13-inch serrated knife. Lives with a 8 inch scar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the dog was clearly only intending to carve itself a nice piece of turkey when things went awry.

A friend of mine had a dog that ate a six pack of beer - cans and all. :cry:

Of course, back in those days, the vet just told him to feed the dog lots of bread for awhile. Maybe it would ease things when the shredded cans came out the other end. It lived, so all's well that ends well, I guess.

If intelligent design held any water, dogs would have opposable thumbs.

Yeah, so they could open the beers.

And carve the turkeys.

1. How did the puppy swallow a 13-inch knife?

It is not uncommon for puppies to chew on objects, including sharp ones like knives. It is possible that the puppy accidentally swallowed the knife while playing with it.

2. Is the puppy in danger from swallowing the knife?

Yes, swallowing a sharp object like a knife can be very dangerous for a puppy. It can cause internal injuries or blockages in the digestive system.

3. How did the puppy survive swallowing such a large knife?

The survival of the puppy depends on several factors, such as the size and shape of the knife, the puppy's size and health, and how quickly the knife was removed. It is possible that the puppy was able to pass the knife without any serious injuries.

4. Will the puppy have permanent damage from swallowing the knife?

It is difficult to determine the extent of the damage without a thorough examination by a veterinarian. The puppy may have some scars or internal injuries, but with proper treatment, it is possible for the puppy to make a full recovery.

5. How can I prevent my puppy from swallowing dangerous objects?

To prevent your puppy from swallowing dangerous objects like knives, it is important to keep all sharp objects out of their reach. It is also recommended to supervise your puppy while they play and provide them with safe chew toys.