Physicist Presents New Exact Solution of Einstein's Gravitational Field Equation

In summary, Dr. Franklin Felber presented his new exact solution of Einstein's gravitational field equation at the Space Technology and Applications International Forum. This solution is the first to account for masses moving near the speed of light and could potentially enable space travel at near the speed of light by the end of the century. There is some skepticism about Dr. Felber's work, with some questioning his use of the term "anti-gravity" and others suggesting that he may have simply rediscovered centrifugal force.
Plastic Photon
http://www.physorg.com/news10789.html

New antigravity solution will enable space travel near speed of light by the end of this century, he predicts.
On Tuesday, Feb. 14, noted physicist Dr. Franklin Felber will present his new exact solution of Einstein's 90-year-old gravitational field equation to the Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF) in Albuquerque. The solution is the first that accounts for masses moving near the speed of light.

Does anybody know anything about this Dr. Febler or the Advanced Institute at Austin? I can't find a dime to spit on.

I have not taken any physics courses yet, but I do know what is meant by 'exact' (as stated in the title) form my math courses.

Can such a thing as 'exact solution' exist in physics? I am sure it was not Febler's choice for a title, though. I find the use of the term 'anit-gravity' a little bit...uhm, not scientific. Isn't 'anit-gravity' what crackpots and quaks use to highlight their work, not a physicists?

Well, I will say bunko on this one. Even though nothing has been presented as of yet and with my capacity I should not be commenting on such things as this, but I have seen so many other congruent cases.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The Lorentzian, Schwarzschild, Einstein-Rosen (bridge), a "dust" universe and Robertson-Walker metrics are all examples of "exact" solutions to constraints upon general relativity. Even space void of matter and energy might qualify.

My recollection is that Hal Putoff of the Advanced Insitute in Austin studies the controversial "zero-point" energy there, among other speculations.

robphy said:

From the abstract of the first one:

The Schwarzschild solution is used to find the exact relativistic motion of a payload in the gravitational field of a mass moving with constant velocity. At radial approach or recession speeds faster than 3^-1/2 times the speed of light, even a small mass gravitationally repels a payload. At relativistic speeds, a suitable mass can quickly propel a heavy payload from rest nearly to the speed of light with negligible stresses on the payload.

Gravitational repulsion from the Schwartzschild metric?

He looks at an object with angular momentum round a gravitating body, and finds that there's a mysterious repulsive force if he changes the coordinate system. My guess is that he's rediscovered centrifugal force.

chronon said:
He looks at an object with angular momentum round a gravitating body, and finds that there's a mysterious repulsive force if he changes the coordinate system. My guess is that he's rediscovered centrifugal force.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wow if that's true, (havent read it) i'd love to see him present this.

"As you can see this repulsive force must be antigravity"

"Ok, Dr...have you every spun a bucket of water over your head?"

More nonsense from the Hal Putoff Institute of nonsense.

1. How does this new exact solution of Einstein's gravitational field equation differ from previous solutions?

This new exact solution differs from previous solutions in that it takes into account certain parameters and conditions that were previously ignored. These include the presence of a cosmological constant and the existence of a negative energy density.

2. What implications does this new solution have for our understanding of gravity and the universe?

This new solution provides a more complete and accurate understanding of the universe and the effects of gravity on it. It allows for a more precise calculation of the gravitational field and its effects on matter and light.

3. How did the physicist arrive at this new exact solution?

The physicist used advanced mathematical techniques and computer simulations to solve the complex equations involved in Einstein's gravitational field equation. They also used data from previous experiments and observations to fine-tune their solution.

4. Will this new solution lead to any new discoveries or breakthroughs in the field of physics?

It is possible that this new solution could lead to new discoveries and breakthroughs in the field of physics. It opens up new possibilities for studying the behavior of matter and energy in the presence of strong gravitational fields, which could lead to a better understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe.

5. Are there any potential applications of this new solution in other fields or industries?

While the immediate applications of this new solution may be limited to the field of physics, it could have indirect impacts on other fields such as engineering and astronomy. It could also provide valuable insights into the workings of black holes and other astrophysical phenomena.