Record Breaking User Activity at Scienceforums.net

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
In summary, the forum is well-run and has high standards. Most users ever online was 591, 01-04-2006 at 10:01 PM. Compare that to ours: Active Users: 1343 (95 members and 1248 guests) Record: 2,096 @ 06-21-2007. I think this is a clear indicator of the standards kept here at this forum by our administrators and moderators. Keep the integrity going. Well done!
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I went over to the, "Original" Scienceforums.net (SFN)to see how it was going. and I saw this info on their home page:
Most users ever online was 591, 01-04-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Compare that to ours:
Active Users: 1343
(95 members and 1248 guests)
Record: 2,096 @ 06-21-2007

I think this is a clear indicator of the standards kept here at this forum by our administrators and moderators. Keep the integrity going. Well done!

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe SFN counts only the human users. :wink:

I've never been on that forum. I am very pleased I found this one first though. I doubt many others could be better.

Kurdt said:
I've never been on that forum. I am very pleased I found this one first though. I doubt many others could be better.

I tooled around there before joining PF (four years ago now!) I was quickly irritated by the overwhelming presence of crackpottery. The upstart "theScienceForum.com" is even more absurd.

Well, PF is my first and only. At any given time, probably about 90% of the 'users' are spiders, but so what? That only helps the site, in my opinion. You wouldn't believe the number of times that I've Googled something and found that the first 2 or 3 hits were on PF. (One was actually me, which is kind of frightening, in a way.)
I always vistit and read 'How Stuff Works' and 'Gizmag', but this is absolutely the only place where I post, and where I care about the people to whom I'm posting. (And, in fact, the only one that I'm registered on.)

This is the only forum I'm really active on. Are there any other science forums even close to the same caliber as this one?

(This is where Greg chimes in, "NO! NO THERE ISN'T! YOU WILL STAY HERE!:biggrin:)

G01 said:
(This is where Greg chimes in, "NO! NO THERE ISN'T! YOU WILL STAY HERE!:biggrin:)

Given the wording of the question, I believe that his actual response would be, "NO! NO THERE AREN'T!" etc.. :tongue:

G01 said:
This is the only forum I'm really active on. Are there any other science forums even close to the same caliber as this one?

http://foru.ms/forumdisplay.php?f=425-creationism.html

enjoy :biggrin: :biggrin:

there's always the forums on moon-hoax videos on youtube too...

Last edited:
G01 said:

There was a time early on when I cared about people discussing and mentioning different communities, but not anymore. Those who are attracted to those other places from PF will only make PF better :biggrin: But no, there is no place like PF, not even close.

Also Danger, Spiders only make up about 30% of the guests now, but depending on their indexing schedule it can change quite a bit.

Last edited:
moe darklight said:
http://foru.ms/forumdisplay.php?f=425-creationism.html

enjoy :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wonder if that forum would be up for a softball game with PF? A creationists vs. evolutionists game would either be really fun or it would be a complete disaster. Might make a good reality show in any case. :smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Also Danger, Spiders only make up about 30% of the guests now, but depending on their indexing schedule it can change quite a bit.

Well, my functional hours have changed one hell of a lot since W came along. No more 1-6am computer shifts when I used to get stuff done. The spider count does seem to be a bit lower during daylight hours.
'Early to bed, early to rise, keeps the Cree from poking out your eyes.' I'm pretty much up at 7:30 and in bed before midnight now. :grumpy:
But it's worth it, 'cause I actually love the old broad.

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder if that forum would be up for a softball game with PF?

Hmmm... before the emphysema set in, I was a fairly well-regarded pitcher. Is there some way that we can implement this without me having to move?

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder if that forum would be up for a softball game with PF? A creationists vs. evolutionists game would either be really fun or it would be a complete disaster. Might make a good reality show in any case. :smile:
Football (soccer), or football American style (tackle without pads or helmet), or Aussie football, or Rugby. :biggrin:

I was going to suggest cricket as an alternative :tongue:

Bah, how about a real sport like Starcraft or Magic: the Gathering?

They would probably insist on playing Black and White in that case. I wouldn't be averse to playing football since it is my fave :biggrin:

Hurkyl said:
Bah, how about a real sport like Starcraft or Magic: the Gathering?
Hey. I've got a suitcase of M:tG cards collecting dust. Maybe I should burn em for heat.

Danger said:
Given the wording of the question, I believe that his actual response would be, "NO! NO THERE AREN'T!" etc.. :tongue:

OOPS! O well, I better make a visit to GrammerForums.com and brush up!:biggrin:

Last edited:
If it was, they should have gone to SpellingForums.com before registering that domain name. :wink:

Hurkyl said:
If it was, they should have gone to SpellingForums.com before registering that domain name. :wink:

OK! So, I'm not having a good day in the language department!

What is the significance of the record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net?

The record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net is a reflection of the growing interest and engagement in scientific topics among the general public. It also indicates the success of the forum in creating a platform for scientific discussions and knowledge-sharing.

What factors contributed to the increase in user activity at Scienceforums.net?

There are several factors that may have contributed to the increase in user activity at Scienceforums.net. These include the forum's user-friendly interface, diverse range of topics, active moderation, and a supportive community. Additionally, the current global situation has led to an increased interest in science and technology.

How does the record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net benefit the scientific community?

The record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net benefits the scientific community by creating a space for scientists, researchers, and enthusiasts to connect and share their knowledge and ideas. This can lead to collaborations, new discoveries, and a deeper understanding of various scientific topics.

What can users expect from Scienceforums.net in the future?

Users can expect Scienceforums.net to continue to provide a platform for scientific discussions and knowledge-sharing. The forum may also introduce new features and initiatives to further enhance the user experience and facilitate scientific communication.

How can one contribute to the record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net?

Anyone can contribute to the record breaking user activity at Scienceforums.net by actively participating in discussions, sharing their knowledge and expertise, and inviting others to join the forum. Users can also suggest new topics and engage in respectful and informative debates to further enhance the forum's activity and impact.