Homework Help with trig ident

In summary, the question asks for the value of cos(arcsin u + arccos v). Using the identities cos(A+B)=cosAcosB-sinAsinB, cos[arcsin(x)]=√1-x2, and sin[arccos(x)]=√1-x2, we can simplify the expression to √(1-u^2)(1-v^2).
JoshB645

Homework Statement

Find the value of cos(arcsin u + arccos v)?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
You're going to have to be a little more specific, what are u and v? Are you looking to simplify this expression? As well, when you preview a post it adds the template to your post again, so remember to delete it.

JoshB645 said:

Homework Statement

Find the value of cos(arcsin u + arccos v)?

i suppsoe it should be a full stop instead question mark,
btw Welcome Joshua to PF:smile:

I think you have not written the whole question.

Last edited:
Hello! Use cos(A+B)=cosAcosB-sinAsinB

Then, use:
cos[arcsin(x)]=√1-x2
sin[arccos(x)]=√1-x2

1. What are trigonometric identities?

Trigonometric identities are equations that involve trigonometric functions, such as sine, cosine, and tangent. These identities are used to simplify and manipulate trigonometric expressions.

2. Why do I need to learn about trig identities?

Trig identities are essential in solving trigonometric equations and problems. They help to transform complex expressions into simpler forms, making them easier to work with and understand.

3. How do I memorize all the trig identities?

Memorizing all the trig identities can be daunting, but there are some tips that can make it easier. You can create flashcards, practice regularly, and use them in real-life applications to help with retention.

4. How can I use trig identities to solve problems?

Trig identities can be used to simplify expressions, solve equations, and find missing information in geometric problems. By using these identities, you can manipulate trigonometric functions to make it easier to solve problems.

5. What are some common trig identities?

Some common trig identities include the Pythagorean identities, double angle identities, half angle identities, and sum and difference identities. It is important to familiarize yourself with these identities and how to apply them in various problems.