Ansys tutorials based on harmonic analysis

In summary, the person is looking for ANSYS tutorials on harmonic analysis of a spring, damper, and mass assembly. They have already searched online but have not found what they need. They are requesting a quick response and expressing frustration with having to read the ANSYS help modules.
bhatt
can i get ansys tutorials based on harmonic analysis of spring,damper & mass assembly.

Engineering news on Phys.org

i have already gone through http://www.mece.uAlberta.ca/Tutorials/ansys/, but don't get what i need.

I want to have tutorial on the harmonic analysis of spring,damper & mass system using ansys software.

Pls reply ASAP.

I hate to do the obligatory RTFM, but the ANSYS help modules are MORE than enough to get you started. Start by reading about creating nodes and elements. From there, all you need to do is look at element types

MASS21
COMBIN14

and then...
ANTYPE,HARMIC

Yes, a tutorial with ANSYS is only a starting point. ANSYS requires patience and lots of it.

1. What is harmonic analysis in Ansys?

Harmonic analysis in Ansys is a type of simulation that is used to analyze the vibration and resonance behavior of a structure or component. It involves studying the response of a system to a periodic or cyclic loading, such as a rotating or oscillating force.

2. How is harmonic analysis performed in Ansys?

Harmonic analysis in Ansys is performed by setting up a model with appropriate boundary conditions and loading, defining material properties, and specifying the desired frequency range. Ansys then solves for the eigenvalues and mode shapes of the structure, which can be used to determine the response at different frequencies.

3. What are the advantages of using harmonic analysis in Ansys?

Harmonic analysis in Ansys allows engineers and scientists to predict the vibration and resonance behavior of a structure before it is built, reducing the risk of failure and costly redesigns. It also helps in optimizing designs and improving the overall performance of a system.

4. Are there any limitations to harmonic analysis in Ansys?

One limitation of harmonic analysis in Ansys is that it assumes linear behavior of the structure and does not take into account non-linearities such as material yielding or large deformations. It also requires a good understanding of the physics and assumptions involved in the analysis to obtain accurate results.

5. Can harmonic analysis be used for all types of structures?

Harmonic analysis in Ansys can be used for most types of structures, including mechanical components, buildings, and bridges. However, it may not be suitable for highly complex or non-linear structures, in which case other types of simulations such as transient or non-linear analysis may be more appropriate.