Pingging Harmful For SEO? Blogger's Dilemma

• Thread starter imi82
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses whether or not pinging can harm Google ranking and ultimately concludes that it does not have a significant effect on ranking. The speaker also references a website that explains the real method for determining Google ranking.
imi82
As I'm blogger I usually ping my posts on ping.fm, but I read somewhere that pinging can be harmful for Google ranking. What do you think?

Computer science news on Phys.org
This is the real method by which your google ranking is determined, so I don't think the number of pings your blog receives will effect your ranking one way or another.

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
imi82 said:
As I'm blogger I usually ping my posts on ping.fm, but I read somewhere that pinging can be harmful for Google ranking. What do you think?

Nope. Just go to is considered harmfull, according to Edsgar Dijkstra.

1. Is pingging harmful for SEO?

There is no clear answer to this question as it depends on how you use pingging. If you use it excessively or on low-quality websites, it can harm your SEO. However, if used correctly, pingging can actually benefit your SEO by increasing your website's visibility and backlinks.

2. What is pingging and how does it work?

Pingging is the process of notifying search engines and other websites when new content is published on your blog. It works by sending a notification to these sites, informing them of the new content and providing a link back to your website.

3. How often should I ping my blog?

It is not necessary to ping your blog every time you publish a new post. In fact, excessive pinging can be seen as spam and may harm your SEO. It is recommended to ping your blog once every 1-2 weeks or whenever you have significant updates to your content.

4. Can pingging negatively affect my website's ranking?

As mentioned before, pingging can harm your SEO if used excessively or on low-quality websites. It can also negatively affect your ranking if you are pinging irrelevant or duplicate content. It is important to use pingging wisely and only when necessary.

5. Are there any alternatives to pingging for improving SEO?

Yes, there are other ways to improve your SEO without relying solely on pingging. Some alternatives include creating high-quality content, optimizing your website for search engines, and building backlinks through guest blogging and social media. These methods can have a more long-term and sustainable impact on your SEO.