Understanding the RTL for MOV A,B on the 8085 Microprocessor

• Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with an assignment involving describing RTL for MOV A,B in terms of opcode fetch cycle and execute cycle. The student is looking for help and is advised to look at standard CPU architecture documents from Intel or AMD for the 8085 microprocessor.
Hyperspace2
I actually didnot know where to post there.

My teacher gave me assighnment and now its holiday here and cannot get clue from anybody for where to start.

Question was - Describe RTL(register transfer language) for MOV A,B in terms of
opcode fetch cycle &&& execute cycle.

I know this is moving content from register B to A. But I don't know how to go exactly with cycle asked.

Please help me.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hyperspace2 said:
I actually didnot know where to post there.

My teacher gave me assighnment and now its holiday here and cannot get clue from anybody for where to start.

Question was - Describe RTL(register transfer language) for MOV A,B in terms of
opcode fetch cycle &&& execute cycle.

I know this is moving content from register B to A. But I don't know how to go exactly with cycle asked.

Please help me.

The best place to find opcode representations is to look at any standard CPU architecture document for a common platform.

You can find these kind of documents at CPU vendor websites like Intel or AMD. Off the top of my head that's your best bet.

I forgot to mention , it is 8085 microprocesor

1. What is a microprocessor?

A microprocessor is a small electronic chip that serves as the central processing unit (CPU) of a computer. It is responsible for executing instructions and performing calculations, making it a crucial component of any computing device.

2. Why is studying microprocessors important?

Studying microprocessors is important because it allows us to understand how computers operate at a fundamental level. It also helps us develop and improve upon the technology, leading to faster and more efficient computing devices.

3. What are some common problems in microprocessor study?

Some common problems in microprocessor study include understanding complex concepts and instructions, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and keeping up with rapid advancements in technology.

4. What can I do with a degree in microprocessor engineering?

A degree in microprocessor engineering can lead to a variety of career paths, such as computer hardware engineering, embedded systems development, and microprocessor design. It can also open doors to other related fields, such as artificial intelligence and robotics.

5. How can I improve my understanding of microprocessors?

To improve your understanding of microprocessors, you can engage in hands-on practice by building and programming your own projects. You can also attend workshops and seminars, read books and articles, and seek guidance from experienced professionals in the field.