Unable to share the website links on facebook

• Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Links
In summary, the person is having trouble installing a Facebook comment plugin on their website and is unable to share their items on the Noah Classified website. They have added the required og:url but still need help fixing the issue. They are also wondering how to maintain the Facebook like or comment plugin for each thread on the Physics Forums website.
Hyperspace2
i was installing facebook comment plugin in my website.
But it says the url is unreachable . I have used noah classified website. whenever i have to share the item in it, the facebook turns into other kinds of link
For eg www.noahclassified.com/index.php?item/31 turns into www.noahclassified.com/index.php?item%2F31 .
So when i looked developers tool, it says the webpage have to include og:url, which i have done. Please help me to fix this problem because without this the site cannot be shared in facebook. Thank you for your time to read my problem, hope you will help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
otherwise you can think of the problem how would you maintain facebook like or
comment plugin for this thread which i have made now

"https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=647358"---->how to install facebook
like or comment plugin for each thread in physics forums

1. Why am I unable to share website links on Facebook?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It is possible that the website link you are trying to share is not compatible with Facebook's sharing settings. It could also be due to a technical issue on Facebook's end. Another possibility is that your Facebook account has been flagged for violating community standards and is temporarily restricted from sharing links.

2. How can I fix the issue of being unable to share website links on Facebook?

If the issue is due to compatibility or technical issues, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and then try sharing the link again. If that doesn't work, you can report the issue to Facebook's support team. If your account has been restricted, you will need to wait until the restriction is lifted or contact Facebook's support team for further assistance.

3. I am able to share some website links on Facebook, but not others. Why is this happening?

This could be due to the website's sharing settings. Some websites have specific settings that prevent their content from being shared on social media platforms. It is also possible that the link you are trying to share has been marked as spam or inappropriate by Facebook's algorithm, and therefore cannot be shared.

4. Can I share website links on Facebook without using the share button?

Yes, you can manually copy and paste the website link into your Facebook post or status update. However, keep in mind that some websites may still have sharing restrictions that prevent their links from being shared on Facebook.

5. Is there a limit to how many website links I can share on Facebook?

Facebook does not have a specific limit on the number of website links you can share. However, if you share too many links at a time, Facebook's algorithm may flag your account for spam. It is always best to limit the number of links you share to avoid any potential issues.