Strike-through did not work.

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the strike-through tag used on a recent post did not work, but after searching for the correct tag, it was found to be "strike" and "/strike" when placed in square brackets. Additionally, the "View Source" and "Find..." options can also be used to find the correct tag. The "A" button above the reply box can also be used for this purpose. The strike-through tag is also mentioned in the F.A.Q. section of the forum.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Strike-through attempt on a recent posting of mine did not work.
strike-through
If that is not the tag, what is?

Physics news on Phys.org
"View Source" and "Find..." appear to show the tags to be strike and /strike, so trying those each placed in square brackets gives:

[strike]strike-through[/strike]

so,... GOOD!

You can also click "Quote" to see the bbcode used in a post.

Jimmy said:
You can also click "Quote" to see the bbcode used in a post.

Excellent. Simple. Thanks.
Greg Bernhardt probably wanted me to have at least one way to search for the answer; so now there are two ways to find it if I forget.

you can also use the "[STRIKE]A[/STRIKE]" button just above the Reply box :wink:

tiny-tim said:
you can also use the "[STRIKE]A[/STRIKE]" button just above the Reply box :wink:

Excellent. I did not even recognize it. I looked for something with an "s" in it and never looked carefully at this tool [strike]A[/strike].

The strike-through tag is also described in the F.A.Q. of this section.

1. Why is the strike-through not working?

The strike-through may not be working due to a number of reasons. It could be a formatting issue where the strike-through formatting was not applied correctly, or it could be a software or browser compatibility issue. It is also possible that the text you are trying to strike-through is not supported by the strike-through function.

2. How can I fix the strike-through not working?

To fix the strike-through not working, try reapplying the strike-through formatting to the text or try using a different browser or software. You can also check the supported text for the strike-through function and make sure your text falls under that category.

3. Can I customize the strike-through style?

Yes, you can customize the strike-through style by using CSS. You can change the color, thickness, and other properties of the strike-through line to fit your preferences.

4. Why is the strike-through not working on my mobile device?

If the strike-through is not working on your mobile device, it could be due to a compatibility issue with the app or browser you are using. Try using a different app or browser, or check if the strike-through function is supported on your mobile device.

5. Is there a way to undo the strike-through formatting?

Yes, you can undo the strike-through formatting by selecting the text and clicking on the strike-through button again. This will remove the strike-through from the selected text.