Copying a circuit from Web Assign

• Thread starter prettykitty
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a question about a circuit and the difficulty in copying and pasting the illustration into Physics Forums. The solution is to save the image and upload it as an attachment, or to use the URL of the image to directly insert it into the forum post.
prettykitty
Good morning!

I want to ask a detailed circuit question and while I could coherently describe it, it would be much easier to be able to just copy the illustration of the circuit.
The circuit doesn't copy into Physics Forums though. Any suggestions or does Physics Forums have some sort of circuit illustrator?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
prettykitty said:
Good morning!

I want to ask a detailed circuit question and while I could coherently describe it, it would be much easier to be able to just copy the illustration of the circuit.
The circuit doesn't copy into Physics Forums though. Any suggestions or does Physics Forums have some sort of circuit illustrator?

Thanks!
What format are you saving the file as?

I was trying to copy and paste it straight from the web site, which I learned only works for the text. I ended up saving it on my desktop and then uploading it to my question as an attachment.
Thanks!

Happy to hear that you resolved the problem, and welcome to the forum!

Welcom to PF, prettykitty! :smile:

On the original website you can right-click on the image and select "Copy URL" or something like that.
Then on PF, you can click the quick button for an image and paste the URL in the dialog that pops up.
That saves you the trouble of downloading and uploading the attachment (which will still not show directly as an image without further effort).

1. How do I copy a circuit from Web Assign?

To copy a circuit from Web Assign, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Web Assign account.
2. Navigate to the assignment containing the circuit you want to copy.
3. Click on the circuit to open it.
4. Right-click on the circuit and select "Copy" from the drop-down menu.
5. Open a new document or presentation where you want to paste the circuit.
6. Right-click and select "Paste" to insert the copied circuit.

2. Can I modify the copied circuit from Web Assign?

Yes, you can modify the copied circuit from Web Assign. After pasting it into a new document or presentation, you can make any necessary changes to the circuit, such as adding or removing components, changing values, or rearranging the circuit layout.

3. Is it legal to copy circuits from Web Assign for my own use?

Copying circuits from Web Assign for your own use is not illegal. However, it is important to remember that these circuits are often copyrighted material and should not be distributed or shared without proper permission or attribution.

4. Can I use the copied circuit for commercial purposes?

No, you cannot use the copied circuit from Web Assign for commercial purposes. These circuits are intended for educational use only and should not be used for any commercial or monetary gain without proper permission.

5. Are there any restrictions to copying circuits from Web Assign?

Yes, there may be restrictions to copying circuits from Web Assign. Some circuits may be protected by copyright or may not be allowed to be copied due to academic integrity policies. It is always best to check with your instructor or the website's terms of use before copying any circuits from Web Assign.