Causing levitating magnet rotation

In summary, the best way to make the device spin without hands is to use an electromagnet, which can be adjusted in strength and angle to create a magnetic field and cause the device to spin. This is preferable to using permanent magnets or an AC generator, which may not provide the desired effect.
r6900
I have a device like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA_hw_lY-OY (All of them work the same)

Here's an image:
cJi1c.jpg

I want to make it spin without touching it with hands.

I tried using magnets of several kinds, and tried to put them in many places around it but it didn't make it spin. It just made it to vibrate a little.

I guess there is a point in which the "pen" will spin and spin. Basically, I prefer to make it rotate not with magnets, but with an electric current. Most likely, I will use an AC generator, and it also makes sense, because I thought that in some point there will be same poles, and then the pen will spin a little bit, and then there will be different poles, but the alternate current changes the poles each time, so the poles will always be the same.

My question is: in what point should it happen?

Physics news on Phys.org
In other words, where and how should I place the magnets, or where and how should I choose to put the AC generator?The best way to make this device spin without touching it is to use an electromagnet. You can place the electromagnet near the device and it will create a magnetic field that could cause the device to spin. You can adjust the strength of the magnetic field by adjusting the current going through the electromagnet, so you can make the device spin faster or slower. You can also adjust the angle at which the electromagnet is placed in order to get the best spin effect.

1. How does a levitating magnet rotate?

The rotation of a levitating magnet is caused by the interaction between the magnetic field of the magnet and the magnetic field of another object, such as another magnet or an electromagnet. This interaction creates a force that causes the magnet to spin.

2. What materials are needed to cause levitating magnet rotation?

To cause levitating magnet rotation, you will need a magnet, a non-magnetic surface, and another magnetic object or an electromagnet. The strength and orientation of the magnet and the other object will also affect the rotation.

3. Can any magnet be used to cause levitating magnet rotation?

Not all magnets are suitable for causing levitating magnet rotation. The magnet must have a strong enough magnetic field to interact with the other object and must be able to maintain its position without falling or flipping over.

4. Is there a limit to the speed of levitating magnet rotation?

The speed of levitating magnet rotation can vary depending on the strength of the magnetic fields and the distance between the objects. However, there is a limit to the speed at which a magnet can rotate before it loses its levitation and falls.

5. Are there practical applications for causing levitating magnet rotation?

Yes, there are practical applications for causing levitating magnet rotation. It is used in magnetic levitation trains, which use the repulsive force between magnets to lift and propel the train. It is also used in some types of bearings and motors for reduced friction and increased efficiency.