General Science OR Life Science.

In summary, the speaker is an Australian student living in Lebanon who is currently in grade 11. They are looking for advice on which domain to pursue and are considering becoming an engineer due to their high grades in math and physics. However, their friends do not believe they can succeed due to a past failure, but the teacher believes they can. The speaker is seeking advice on what courses to take during the summer to better prepare them for grade 12 in math and physics. The expert advises the speaker to listen to the teacher's advice over that of their friends and suggests taking up extracurricular activities related to engineering during the summer.
-Aladdin-
I'm an Australian , living in Lebanon studying .
I as a grade 11 student , Infact, the schools semister is almost finished.
So what I'm trying to say that I should pick the domain I have to go through.
I do well in math and physics my grades are high , I'm looking forward to be an engineer, but still my friends won't believe that I can make it , my teacher say yes I can but my friends have a bad past thinking of me that I failed a year its the end of the world.
Hope some advice.
Thanks in advance.
Aladdin Rajab.

Physics news on Phys.org
And by the way, what are the most important lessons should I take in summer that helps me in math and physics for year 12 .
Thank You

What is it about these friends that makes you place value on their opinions when they tell you that you cannot do something? I suspect they are high school students like yourself and have no more understanding about the subject than you do and further they do no understand your desires, motivations and history as intimately as you do.

This would be a situation where I would heed the advice of the teacher over that of your friends.

As far as what to take, I would suggest spending the summer doing extra-cirricular stuff. Take up a hobbby such as astronomy, or building and racing radio-controlled vehicles that will allow you to pick up skills that would be important to an engineer.

Thank You Choppy, your're right about my friends they don't understand the subject as I do.
About what to take, I prefer to take lessons for next year in math and physics, what do you think.

Thanks agains for your advice.

1. What is the difference between general science and life science?

General science is a broad field that encompasses all aspects of science, including physics, chemistry, biology, and earth sciences. Life science, on the other hand, focuses specifically on the study of living organisms and their processes.

2. What are the main branches of general science?

The main branches of general science are physics, chemistry, biology, and earth sciences. These branches often overlap and interact with each other in scientific research and discoveries.

3. What is the scientific method?

The scientific method is a standardized process used by scientists to conduct experiments and gather data. It involves making observations, forming a hypothesis, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions.

4. How does life science contribute to our daily lives?

Life science has many practical applications that impact our daily lives. For example, medical advancements in life science have led to the development of new treatments and cures for diseases. Agriculture and food production also heavily rely on life science research to improve crop yield and quality.

5. What are some current hot topics in general science or life science?

Some current hot topics in general science include climate change, artificial intelligence, and space exploration. In life science, topics such as genetic engineering, stem cell research, and neurobiology are currently heavily researched and discussed.