How to stop worrying (cute humor)

• Thread starter greatscott
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Humor
In summary, the only way to stop worrying is to decide to do so. This theorem is based on the idea that every person has a set of choices, and that if a person makes a decision not to worry, then their set of choices has only one element.
greatscott
I have just discovered how to stop worrying! Here it goes (Unicode):

Definition.
Let H be the set of all humans, A the set of all actions, and W ⊂A be the set of all worries. A person p ∈ H is said to be worrying if and only if p's set of choices C = {f(p)} (where f(p) ∈ A) either has more than one elements or has precisely one element c ∈ W.​
Theorem.
The only way to stop worrying is to decide to do so.​
Proof.
If a person p ∈ H makes a decision not to worry, which we denote as n ∉ W, rather than to worry, which we denote as w, then C = {f(p)} = {n} which has only one element. If p decides to worry, p is certainly worrying since C = {w} where w ∈ W. Now, if p does not decide whether to worry or not, p's set of choices has at least two elements, namely C = {n, w, ...}. Therefore, the only way to stop worrying is to decide not to worry. ∎

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
greatscott said:
I have just discovered how to stop worrying! Here it goes (Unicode):

Definition.
Let H be the set of all humans, A the set of all actions, and W ⊂A be the set of all worries. A person p ∈ H is said to be worrying if and only if p's set of choices C = {f(p)} (where f(p) ∈ A) either has more than one elements or has precisely one element c ∈ W.​
Theorem.
The only way to stop worrying is to decide to do so.​
Proof.
If a person p ∈ H makes a decision not to worry, which we denote as n ∉ W, rather than to worry, which we denote as w, then C = {f(p)} = {n} which has only one element. If p decides to worry, p is certainly worrying since C = {w} where w ∈ W. Now, if p does not decide whether to worry or not, p's set of choices has at least two elements, namely C = {n, w, ...}. Therefore, the only way to stop worrying is to decide not to worry. ∎

"Don't worry...be happy", so said the wise and (for a while) ubiquitous fish-on-the-wall.

that "definition" makes me worry

that definition makes my head hurt lol

1. How can I stop worrying and start living?

The key to stopping worrying is to focus on the present moment and not dwell on the future or past. Practice mindfulness and gratitude, and find activities that bring you joy and relaxation.

2. How can I stop worrying about things I can't control?

Recognize that worrying about things outside of your control is a waste of energy. Instead, focus on what you can control and take action to improve the situation.

3. How can I stop worrying about what others think of me?

Remember that you cannot control how others perceive you. Focus on being true to yourself and let go of seeking validation from others.

4. How can I stop worrying about the future?

It's natural to have concerns about the future, but worrying about it won't change the outcome. Instead, focus on setting goals and taking small steps towards them.

5. How can I stop worrying and enjoy life more?

Learn to let go of perfectionism and embrace imperfection. Take time for self-care and surround yourself with positive people and activities that bring you joy.