Should I go to the doctor or not?

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary: Mary's this morning, I'm feeling pretty happy too!In summary, the conversation is primarily about tribdog's post regarding getting pencil lead stuck in his hip. However, another participant shares their own experience of getting pencil lead stuck in their finger and the resulting complications. The group encourages the individual to seek medical attention and jokes about their respective obsessions with sex, alcohol, and self-mutilation.
franznietzsche said:
:rofl: :rofl:

You have such an odd idea of romance...

i'm also attracted to mullets and cheesy pick-up lines. :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Well pencil lead doesn't have any lead, it's just interrupting the smooth flow of blood.

Sounds like we should call in the padre for the last rites, or perhaps you can have the lead exorcised out of your finger if the last rites is going a little too far.
ther was a guy last week had a 2 inch rusty nail removed from his neck after a friend discovered that a small magnet would actually stick to his neck.
The guys swears that he has NFI how it got there....really

You guys are nuts!

I thought me and my brother were stupid, with avoiding the doctor thing, but I'm wrong.

We rarely go to the doctor, but for something like that, I certainly would.

Not if you lived in Brasil as I have for the last 11 years. The state of the health care system here is such that I think I would have a better chance of surviving cranial surgery if I did it myself. Iv'e already sewed myself up once rather than entrusting myself to the system. :eek:

I guess I should say what happened at the doctor's.. Doctors here don't say much, no insurance and that stuff and people don't sue them for just the smallest reasons, so they let you go after they treat you. I went in, he numbed the spot and used a needle to take it out and handed me the bill.. I paid it and he showed me the way out the door.. No byes or anything :-(

but i am still happy, cause if there was something serious, I guess he would have told me..

Well, at least now we know the proper procedure for mechanical pencil lead extraction should anyone else on this site fall victim to this horribly dangerous contraption. I think I'm going to switch back to quill pens. They seem safer. :rofl: Glad it wasn't too bad.