Did Antonio Salieri Kill Mozart ?

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the question of whether or not Antonio Salieri killed Mozart. Various opinions are expressed, including the belief that Salieri did not kill Mozart and that the movie "Amadeus" is not historically accurate. Some speculate on the mental state of Mozart and his relationship with Salieri, while others suggest that the debate is futile without concrete evidence. Ultimately, the conversation ends with the suggestion to read a text for more information on the subject.

DID SALIERI KILL MOZART ???

• YES

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • NO

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • What the hell is this about ???

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
marlon
Did Antonio Salieri Kill Mozart ?

Well, did he ?

If you want to know the real deal, check out this text :

https://www.physicsforums.com/journal.php?s=&journalid=13790&action=view

ps : i have included a website from CALTECH, which also explains the words in my signature...This is for for those, who do not "speak" :bugeye: Latin

regards
marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No, he did not.

Since the facts are prescribed and the one responsible (if any) cannot be punished,there's no point in discussing it...

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Since the facts are prescribed

no they are NOT

and the one responsible(if any) cannot be punished,

:rofl: sighs, was that the intention ? :rolleyes:

there's no point in discussing it...

Daniel.

Then don't...

marlon

Pardon my ignorance,but i thought the period of prescribing a criminal act was waaaaaaaaay less than 300 years...
Wouldn't that mean to trial Romulus for killing Remus and convict him to hard labor for life,AFTER LIFE...?

Daniel.

I saw the movie, he definitely killed Mozart. But since he too is now dead, I doubt a trial would be meaningful.

dextercioby said:
Pardon my ignorance,but i thought the period of prescribing a criminal act was waaaaaaaaay less than 300 years...
Wouldn't that mean to trial Romulus for killing Remus and convict him to hard labor for life,AFTER LIFE...?

Daniel.

Who said anything about a trial ?

You brought that up, I didn't...

Look, just vote and shut up...

marlon :zzz:

dextercioby said:

Daniel.
You can put the blame on his upbringing. His foster-mother was a bitkh, after all..:wink:
(I had to substitute a "k" for a "c", due to PF censorship)

arildno said:
You can put the blame on his upbringing. His foster-mother was a bitkh, after all..:wink:
(I had to substitute a "k" for a "c")
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

marlon :rofl:

You are funny dude. :rofl:
The movie is not very accurate. I think Mozart killed himself, through is own craziness. But in sens, since Salieri dreamt about being Mozart, we could consider Salieri was the human incarnation of Mozart's craziness, so I voted "YES" :approve:

A hard core Mozart fan. Just the sort of person I like. :biggrin:

Even if Salieri drove Mozart to death it was Mozart's own fault to fall into debt, as most people believe he did. He lived in a child's world and was unable to grow up enough to take responsiblity for his money as his father was the one that normally did in his young. He didn't know when to say no to drink but his genious was about to blossom because of it. What we did get from Mozart was genious and only God knows what else we could have got from him.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Mozart was proven to suffer from mental illness, for sure. You cannot blame him with childish attitude, it was part of the symptoms. He would touch himself behind the piano shouting insanities.

But eh ! there was no genius like him so he could afford originality
:biggrin:

Humanino,u never told us:"who's the chick with the dog"...?

Daniel.

My dream girl :biggrin:
So she does love Mozart's requiem obviously :wink:

humanino said:
My dream girl :biggrin:
So she does love Mozart's requiem obviously :wink:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mozart was not mentally ill...he was just a bit , err, childish in nature

marlon

Chronos said:
I saw the movie, he definitely killed Mozart. But since he too is now dead, I doubt a trial would be meaningful.

Amadeus was not historically accurate - the idea that saleri murdered Mozartcomes from a rumour started years after Mozart's death that Mozart claimed that Saleri attempted to poisoon him at an earlier stage.

The Movie also potrayed Mozart as child-like and giggling buffon which again was most ceratinly not the case. Also Mozart did not die in poverty up until his death as he still had a pretty substantial income even if he was given to overspending.

Last edited:
I had a feeling the movie used "artistic licence" quite a bit. Also, marlon, I thought for sure I recognized at least that first line of Latin as being from the requiem when I first read your signature, but I don't know much about it.

cepheid said:
I had a feeling the movie used "artistic licence" quite a bit. Also, marlon, I thought for sure I recognized at least that first line of Latin as being from the requiem when I first read your signature, but I don't know much about it.

You are right about my signature. read the last entry of my journal if you want to know what it means.

Mozart was indeed not the childish buffon from Amadeus. In fact he was quite timide, often very weak and not very strong (his health, that is...)

The rumours about the attempt of Salieri to poison Mozart are also untrue according to my data. The situation with the requiem and Mozart's death is explained in my journal, more specific in the Caltech-website on Mozart...

marlon

It's all speculation Ladies and Gentlemen, Short of exhuming the body and looking for signs of mental illness and a myriad of other possibilities with the latest technology, this discussion is as usefull as pissing into the wind.

Wardw said:
It's all speculation Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sighs, once again, please take the effort to read the texts i am referring too. It is not the intention of this thread to answer back with useless posts on speculation , which are FALSE in nature. You should have realized that, if you had read the texts. Please, read before you answer and don't post obvious general truths that don't even apply here and that is why i said your answer is WRONG.

marlon

1. Who was Antonio Salieri and why is he associated with Mozart's death?

Antonio Salieri was an Italian composer and contemporary of Mozart. He is associated with Mozart's death due to rumors and speculation that he may have been involved in Mozart's sudden and mysterious death.

2. What evidence suggests that Salieri may have killed Mozart?

There is no concrete evidence that Salieri was involved in Mozart's death. The rumors stem from a supposed confession made by Salieri on his deathbed, which has been widely disputed and may have been fabricated.

3. Did Salieri and Mozart have a rivalry?

There is evidence that Salieri and Mozart had a professional rivalry, as they were both prominent composers in Vienna during the same time period. However, there is no evidence to suggest that this rivalry extended to a personal level or that it led to Mozart's death.

4. What is the most likely cause of Mozart's death?

The most accepted cause of Mozart's death is a combination of illnesses, including rheumatic fever and kidney disease. It is also believed that his death may have been exacerbated by his heavy workload and financial stress.

5. Why is the rumor of Salieri killing Mozart still prevalent today?

The rumor of Salieri killing Mozart has persisted due to its dramatic and intriguing nature, as well as its portrayal in popular culture. However, there is no substantial evidence to support this claim and it is considered to be a myth.