Drip Disposal in Gas Power Cycle (Rankine Cycle): Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about drip disposal in a gas power cycle. The speaker has no knowledge of drip disposal and is feeling guilty for not sleeping in the lecture. The speaker found a link to a page about drip disposal.
ank_gl
i need some link or help or maybe some comments on different methods of drip disposal in a gas power cycle(rankine cycle).:confused::confused:quite honestly , i was sleeping:zzz::zzz: in the class, so i didnt get anything:shy::shy:.
geez i don't even know what drip disposal is?? can anyone explain:uhh::uhh:
i didnt find it in my textbook. i googled but didnt find anything, neither on wiki. i have to submitt an assignment by tomorrow:cry::cry::cry: help:shy::shy:

Engineering news on Phys.org
anyone??

Expecting an answer within 2 hours because you didn't pay attention in class is probably not the best way to get help here!

Personally, I haven't a clue.

yea i know. and i am feeling guilty for that but what else can i do??
but not that guilty, lecture was of 2 and a half hour. almost 90% of class was sleeping. aaargh..its not entirely my fault

I have never heard the term when used in this context.

I found this:
http://www.taftan.com/thermodynamics/RANKINE.HTM
Rankine cycle is a heat engine with vapor power cycle. The common working fluid is water. The cycle consists of four processes:

* 1 to 2: Isentropic expansion (Steam turbine)
* 2 to 3: Isobaric heat rejection (Condenser)
* 3 to 4: Isentropic compression (Pump)
* 4 to 1: Isobaric heat supply (Boiler)

So how do you get rid of the condensation? Don't you recycle it somehow?

hey thanks kach for the link, but it has nothing of drip disposal.
anyways i got it now, i didnt sleep in the lecture today;))
drip is the condensation of steam during the regeneration process. in closed type feed water heaters, bled steam condenses after giving off its energy to the feed water, that condensed steam is called drip. that is sent back to the main condenser.
correct me if i am wrong somewhere

Makes sense to me, but I'm no engineer.

1. What is a drip disposal in a gas power cycle?

A drip disposal in a gas power cycle refers to the process of removing and disposing of any excess liquid or condensate that may accumulate in the gas power cycle, specifically in the condenser or evaporator. This is necessary to maintain the efficiency and proper functioning of the cycle.

2. Why is drip disposal important in a gas power cycle?

Drip disposal is important in a gas power cycle because the accumulation of excess liquid can cause problems such as reduced efficiency, corrosion, and damage to equipment. By removing and properly disposing of the excess liquid, the cycle can operate more efficiently and reliably.

3. How is drip disposal typically carried out in a gas power cycle?

In a gas power cycle, drip disposal is usually carried out through the use of a drain system. This can include a series of drains, traps, and pumps to remove the excess liquid from the cycle. The liquid is then disposed of through proper means, such as being collected and treated in a wastewater treatment plant.

4. What are some common challenges with drip disposal in a gas power cycle?

Some common challenges with drip disposal in a gas power cycle include managing the proper flow and pressure of the liquid to prevent damage to equipment, ensuring the disposal methods are environmentally friendly, and preventing the formation of blockages in the drain system.

5. Are there any alternative methods for drip disposal in a gas power cycle?

Yes, there are alternative methods for drip disposal in a gas power cycle, such as using a condensate polishing system. This involves treating and purifying the excess liquid before it is released into the environment. Additionally, some power plants may also have a system in place to recover and reuse the excess liquid for other purposes within the cycle.