What subject for thesis in algebra

In summary, the graduate student is seeking advice for an interesting topic in algebra for their thesis. They have discussed some suggestions with their advisor, but none of them have sparked their interest. The student is open to suggestions and is considering the topic of The Inverse Problem in the Calculus of Variations.
xixi
Hi
I'm a graduate student in mathematics and abstract algebra, and I'm looking for an exciting subject in algebra to work on for my thesis . I want the subject be new and sth that one can give paper on it . Any suggestion will be appreciated !

Physics news on Phys.org
What does you advisor think?

he suggested some subjects to me that aren't interesting to me .

Post the topics that he suggested and what you don't find interesting about them. That will give people more details about your studies as to suggest a good topic.

VeeEight said:
Post the topics that he suggested and what you don't find interesting about them. That will give people more details about your studies as to suggest a good topic.
the subjects were about "zero-divisor graphs of rings "and the graphs associated to rings . Actually I look for a subject in ring theory .

Perhaps you should speak to your advisor more about it, afterall they are the one that will be guiding your work so it's helpful for them to know what you find interesting and any ideas that you have.

It seems as though it's pretty common to take advice from random, unknown people on an internet forum when you've got an expert in the field (in your advisor) at your disposal. Of course it's helpful to speak to people here but as for things to research, it might be nice to have an indepth discussion about what you want to do - that way your advisor might be more helpful in suggesting topics you'll enjoy for future works.

I think it is exciting if you discuss The Inverse Problem in the Calculus of Variations in your thesis. This is a famous question in the calculus of variations. And until now, I don't have any idea about it.

Since when is that algebra?

What is the definition of algebra?

Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with symbols and the rules for manipulating those symbols to solve equations and analyze mathematical structures.

What are some potential subjects for a thesis in algebra?

Some potential subjects for a thesis in algebra include group theory, ring theory, field theory, linear algebra, and algebraic geometry.

How does algebra relate to other branches of mathematics?

Algebra is closely related to other branches of mathematics such as geometry, calculus, and number theory. It provides a foundation for these branches and is used to solve complex problems in these areas.

What are some real-world applications of algebra?

Algebra has many practical applications in fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and computer science. It is used to model and solve problems in various industries and is essential for technological advancements.

What skills are necessary to excel in algebra?

To excel in algebra, one must have a strong foundation in basic arithmetic, critical thinking skills, and the ability to understand and manipulate abstract concepts. Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail are also important.