Earnhardt Jr. saved by father?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, Dale Earnhardt Jr. believes that his father played a role in his survival during a burning wreck at a sports car event in July. He recalls feeling as though someone was carrying him out of the car and attributes it to his father's presence. This statement was made in response to a reporter's question about the similarity between his father and Pink Floyd.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
NEW YORK (AP) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. says he believes his late father, seven-time NASCAR champion Dale Earnhardt, had a lot to do with his surviving a burning wreck at a sports car event in July..."He was like, 'Nobody helped you get out,' and I was like, 'That's strange because I swear somebody...had me underneath...my arms and was carrying me out of the car.' I mean, I swear to God."[continued]

http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/09/28/bc.car.nascar.earnhardt.ap/

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, but I couldn't resist a bad joke.

How is Dale Ernhart similer to Pink Floyd.

The Wall was their last hit.

I'm guessing it has something to do with a wall...

Oh Yeah, guess I forgot to mention, select the bottom of the message for the answer. You are correct.

That is a clever way to hide text.

I was going to say something like; All in all it's just another Bruick in the wall...

But I think that would have been the wrong make of vehicle, dunno.

hee hee... :rofl: ...

[clears voice, regains posture]

:grumpy: ...okay now stop that. That's not nice.

... :frown: ... :redface: ... :rolleyes: ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I heard them reporting this on the news yesterday...on the NEWS...yeesh. My immediate thought was...well, I guess it was a bad enough crash that he was a bit disoriented and probably hallucinating a bit or something...must've jiggled his brain around a bit. That or he just knows full well what gives good press coverage since the way I heard it, it was a reporter asking him if he thought it was his father helping him...so basically the reporter was telling him what to say to get a good sound bite or quote.

What happened to Earnhardt Jr. that required him to be saved by his father?

Earnhardt Jr. was involved in a serious racing accident in 2004 at the EA Sports 500 at Talladega. His car flipped over and caught fire, and he had to be rescued from the car by his father, Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Was Earnhardt Jr. injured in the accident?

Fortunately, Earnhardt Jr. did not sustain any serious injuries in the accident. He was taken to the hospital for observation but was released later that day.

How did Earnhardt Sr. save his son?

Earnhardt Sr. saw the accident happen and immediately drove over to his son's car. He used a window hammer to break the windshield and pulled Earnhardt Jr. out of the car, saving him from the fire.

Were there any other drivers involved in the accident?

Yes, there were several other drivers involved in the accident, including Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart. However, Earnhardt Jr. was the only one who needed to be rescued from his car.

Did this accident have any impact on the relationship between Earnhardt Jr. and his father?

The accident actually brought the father and son closer together. Earnhardt Jr. has stated that he is grateful to his father for saving him and that it strengthened their bond.