Job prospects with an associates degree

In summary, an associates degree can qualify you for entry-level jobs in various fields such as healthcare, business, technology, and education. On average, those with an associates degree can expect to earn around $40,000 per year, with potential for higher salaries with experience and further education. Pursuing an associates degree can also be beneficial for those planning on pursuing a higher degree, as it provides a solid foundation of knowledge and skills and can make one more competitive in the job market. Credits from an associates degree can also be transferred to a bachelors degree program in many cases. Finally, there are many jobs that only require an associates degree as the highest level of education, such as dental hygienist, radiologic technologist, and
EEngineer
Hey everybody,
I was wondering what the job prospects are for those who hold an associates degree in engineering. I am currently pursuing an associates degree from a community college, looking to transfer into a bachelor electrical engineering program. I live in a high tech area but I still want feedback as to how the job market is doing.

Your feedback is very much appreciated : )

Physics news on Phys.org
internships until u get a bs

An associate's degree doesn't count for much. Assuming you even find a position, expect 60-75% of what you'd make if you had a bachelor's.

1. What kind of jobs can I get with an associates degree?

With an associates degree, you can qualify for entry-level jobs in various fields such as healthcare, business, technology, and education. Some specific job titles you may be eligible for include administrative assistant, graphic designer, medical assistant, and preschool teacher.

2. How much can I expect to earn with an associates degree?

The salary for jobs with an associates degree can vary greatly depending on the field and location. On average, however, those with an associates degree earn around $40,000 per year. Keep in mind that with experience and further education, this salary can increase.

3. Is it worth getting an associates degree if I plan on pursuing a higher degree?

Yes, an associates degree can be beneficial even if you plan on pursuing a higher degree. It can provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills that can make it easier to complete a bachelors degree or beyond. Additionally, having an associates degree can make you more competitive in the job market.

4. Can I transfer my credits from an associates degree to a bachelors degree program?

Yes, many colleges and universities have agreements in place that allow for the transfer of credits from an associates degree program to a bachelors degree program. However, it is important to research and confirm transfer policies with the specific schools you are considering.

5. Are there any jobs that require an associates degree as the highest level of education?

Yes, there are many jobs that only require an associates degree as the highest level of education. Some examples include dental hygienist, radiologic technologist, and paralegal. These jobs typically require specific technical or specialized skills that can be obtained through an associates degree program.