Scouting Policy: Student Project Assistance

• Thread starter light_bulb
  • Start date
In summary: As for Chroot's advice, I think it's a good idea to always be conscious of your actions and what could potentially happen.
light_bulb
say if i asked a member or two from this site to help me work on a student project (not homework) would anyone have any objections?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you post in the homework forum, then we will be able to help. Please note, however, we cannot do your work for you, and you must show your efforts/thoughts before we can help.

Welcome to PF!

No, I can't see there being any objections (Although I can't really say, perhaps a moderator will be able to say for sure), but I am pretty sure it will be fine. Anyways, I am interested in what you have to say so hurry on to the homework help forum before I have to go! lol.

Edit, and yes, welcome to PF :-)

ok, as a side note what do members here do to protect against ip thieft?

IP theft? Could you elaborate?

I know what an IP address is, I know what theft is, but I don't see the connection when it comes to an online forum type enviroment.

Everything posted here should be considered in the public domain, unless it is already protected by a dated provisional patent application.

If you find someone on PF who wants to work with you on a project outside of PF, that obviously does not concern us. Just don't violate our guidelines while you're "scouting" -- in other words, don't ask people to do your homework for you, don't offer money, and don't use PF as a bulletin board to carry on private communications.

Of course, you'd also have to make sure you don't violate your school's honor code, and (normally) getting outside help is such a violation. If you get kicked out of school, though, it'll be no one's fault but your own.

- Warren

IP = intellectual property?

*clicks on light_bulb's profile*

*See's "Creating thread "Chemical and Material Engineering" *

Yea... I won't be able to help. :(

Anyways, good luck with whatever it is you are doing, and I suggest you take Chroot's advice with the honor code issue if it applies. (I didn't think of it/know about it).

robphy said:
IP = intellectual property?

Oh, true enough. :-)

1. What is "Scouting Policy: Student Project Assistance"?

"Scouting Policy: Student Project Assistance" is a policy implemented by many universities and scientific organizations to promote and support student involvement in research projects and scientific endeavors.

2. How does this policy benefit students?

This policy allows students to gain hands-on experience in conducting scientific research and to work alongside professionals in their field. It also provides students with opportunities to publish their work and gain recognition for their contributions.

3. Who is eligible to receive assistance under this policy?

Typically, students who are enrolled in a degree program at the university or are affiliated with a scientific organization are eligible to receive assistance under this policy. However, eligibility requirements may vary between institutions.

4. What types of projects are eligible for assistance?

Projects that align with the goals and objectives of the university or organization and have the potential to contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge are typically eligible for assistance under this policy. This may include projects in a wide range of fields, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.

5. How can students apply for assistance under this policy?

Students can typically apply for assistance by submitting a proposal outlining their project and how it aligns with the goals of the university or organization. They may also need to provide a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor. Specific application instructions may vary between institutions.