Exploring Industrial Production of Compounds: A Research Report

In summary, my friends and I are trying to find information on the industrial production of any compound. We have done research on google and yahoo, but we only find vague information. We're trying to find a good site that contains information on the production process of some (or just one) compounds. If you know of any good sites, please let us know.
RuiMonteiro
I´m doing a research for a report on industrial production of any compound, i say any, because we have to choose one compound and write a detailed production process and the equipment it´s needed to make that particular process happen, the thing is, me and my friends have done plenty of researchs on google and yahoo and the scientific search engines available through the faculty and we only find vague information like physical properties of the compound or whatever. I´m sure that the available magazines at the faculty library contain at least some information and we did research on these, but they have tons of paper which makes it hard to search, so i´d like to know if someone knows any good site that contains information on the production process of some (or just one) compounds that could post it here, or give me some information where to search.

I already e-mailed a refinery asking for information on the production process of the aromatic compounds, but i´m still waiting for an answer.

The work can be about compounds like paper, nylon, phenol, caffeine, soap, beer...

I would be very appreciated if someone could help. I explained what i have researched already cause i know about the home-work rules here and this is as a last resource.

Thanks,
Rui.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Anyone? Thanks.

Rui.

Do you have access to EBSCO or similar databases?

One of the most famous production methods is the Haber Bosch process. It is used in making Aspirin, fertilizer and explosives, or anything that uses ammonia for that matter.

Njorl

Thanks for the replys.

In fact me and my friends managed to find out some information on yahoo or google on the explained process of the industrial production of sulfuric acid and we are doing the report about that.

We also used the sciencedirect.com database, which i wasn´t aware of its existence until like two days ago lol, and it was pretty usefull. I don´t know if we have access to that database enigma and i can´t access the library´s site right now to tell you that as it seems to be down for some reason, and i´m not very aware of the available databases as last year, i think, i was searching something on one of these DB and it wasn´t very easy to do it lol and i eventually give it up until this last days.

Even that my report doesn´t use that process Njorl, thanks for the information.

Thanks once again.

Rui Monteiro.

1. What is the purpose of the research report?

The purpose of the research report is to explore the industrial production of compounds and provide a comprehensive analysis of the current methods and practices used in this field. It aims to inform and educate readers about the advancements and challenges in industrial production of compounds.

2. What is the significance of studying industrial production of compounds?

Studying industrial production of compounds is important because compounds are essential in various industries, such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and manufacturing. Understanding the production methods can lead to improvements in efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and product quality.

3. How was the research conducted?

The research was conducted through a combination of literature review, data analysis, and interviews with experts in the industry. The researchers also visited production facilities to gather first-hand information and observations.

4. What are the key findings of the research report?

The key findings of the research report include the most commonly used production methods, the challenges faced by industrial producers, the potential for improvement and innovation, and the impact of production on the environment and sustainability.

5. How can the research report be utilized?

The research report can be utilized by various stakeholders, such as industrial producers, researchers, and policymakers, to gain a better understanding of the current state of industrial production of compounds and to identify areas for improvement. It can also serve as a foundation for further research and development in this field.